Infuriating Objects
Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
UHB cables. The end you plug into things is always the wrong way up but I don't know that until I try to force it into the socket.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Moth

Moth Offline
Chissit No-digger
(10-08-2022, 11:33 PM)Veggie Wrote: The Potato Masher. Why does it always get stuck in the drawer when I try to open it. Sometimes, I've had to remove the drawer above in order to free the masher.
I refer you to Discworld:

"the minor goddess Anoia, whose field of operation is Things That Stick In Drawers: Often, but not uniquely, a ladle, but sometimes a metal spatula or, rarely, a mechanical egg-whisk that nobody in the house admits to ever buying. The desperate mad rattling and cries of 'How can it close on the damn thing but not open it? Who bought this? Do we ever use it?' are as praise unto Anoia. She also eats corkscrews."
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished  – Lao Tzu
[-] The following 4 users Like Moth's post:
  • Can the Man, MartinH, Small chilli, Veggie

Moth Offline
Chissit No-digger
(09-08-2022, 10:27 PM)Veggie Wrote: What everyday objects do you find annoying? The ones that always cause a problem?
1. Sellotape. I always lose the end of it and have to turn the roll around several times, running my nail along it, trying to find that tiny difference in thickness where the Sellotape starts. or is it ends? I actually dread using Sellotape and its big ugly sister, masking tape.

When I need more than one piece I stick the end down on the edge of the table so the roll hangs off the edge, then it's easy to lift with one hand, a finger against the sticky side and the roll in my palm. Of course if you have a large roll or a new roll of packing tape or similar what then frequently happens is the weight of the roll causes it to unroll all the way to the floor Rolleyes
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished  – Lao Tzu
[-] The following 2 users Like Moth's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
(11-08-2022, 11:21 AM)Veggie Wrote: UHB cables. The end you plug into things is always the wrong way up but I don't know that until I try to force it into the socket.

MrPP put a dab of tipex on the end that goes in the trailcam as he was fed up with me forcing the thing. Trouble is, I can never remember if the dabbed end goes in the trailcam or the laptop ...
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 2 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie