Infuriating Objects
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
What everyday objects do you find annoying? The ones that always cause a problem?

I have two in particular,

1. Sellotape. I always lose the end of it and have to turn the roll around several times, running my nail along it, trying to find that tiny difference in thickness where the Sellotape starts. or is it ends? I actually dread using Sellotape and its big ugly sister, masking tape.

2. Clothes hangers. They always seem to get caught up with another hanger in the wardrobe and garments fall off onto the floor.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Mark_Riga, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli

Bren Offline
Black socks, I’ve bought a few packs from the same store.
After a few washes they’re different shades of black so I’ve given up trying to match them into pairs.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
(09-08-2022, 10:27 PM)Veggie Wrote: What everyday objects do you find annoying? The ones that always cause a problem?

1. Sellotape. I always lose the end of it and have to turn the roll around several times, running my nail along it, trying to find that tiny difference in thickness where the Sellotape starts. or is it ends? I actually dread using Sellotape and its big ugly sister, masking tape.

2. Clothes hangers. They always seem to get caught up with another hanger in the wardrobe and garments fall off onto the floor.
When your finished using the tape always roll a little bit back on itself so you can always find the start. Works for cello tape sello tape, masking tape, packing tape ......
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 2 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I know it's my own fault for having so much stuff but the kitchen utensil drawer and the stationery cupboard both annoy the hell out of me. I can never find what I want without scrabling around in either.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
The corner cupboard in my kitchen. I hate the bl00dy thing.
The hosepipe!!  Angry You want to see me lose it within seconds. The uncontrollable hosepipe. Always getting kinks in it to cut off the water. Regularly try’s to decapitate my plants. And it’s really stiff. It has to be a very hot day before it becomes flexible and user friendly. I think it might be time for a new one.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(09-08-2022, 11:50 PM)Can the Man Wrote:
(09-08-2022, 10:27 PM)Veggie Wrote: What everyday objects do you find annoying? The ones that always cause a problem?

When your finished using the tape always roll a little bit back on itself so you can always find the start. Works for cello tape sello tape, masking tape, packing tape ......
That's OK when you actually "finish" but, when you're in the middle of taping up an envelope, cut a bit off, stick to the envelope, go back for more tape and the end has disappeared. Grrrrr. Wink
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Mark_Riga, Small chilli

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
The iron. How can the câble have that many kinks just from being unwound & plugged in? And why do I always trip over the cable?
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 3 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
The Potato Masher. Why does it always get stuck in the drawer when I try to open it. Sometimes, I've had to remove the drawer above in order to free the masher.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
(10-08-2022, 08:54 AM)Small chilli Wrote: The corner cupboard in my kitchen. I hate the bl00dy thing.
The hosepipe!!  Angry You want to see me lose it within seconds. The uncontrollable hosepipe. Always getting kinks in it to cut off the water. Regularly try’s to decapitate my plants. And it’s really stiff. It has to be a very hot day before it becomes flexible and user friendly. I think it might be time for a new one.
Get one of those stretch and shrink type, it’s a silicone hose in a fabric sheath so much more user friendly
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Can the Man's post:
  • Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
The orange cable that comes with electric garden equipment, P has a long length of it, if it can tangle it will. I've lost count of the times he has had a hissy fit at it
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post: