2020/21 - What's made you happy today?
JJB Offline
Moonraker
That's fairly serious, being without heating for 5 weeks, Mark, that must have been dreadful.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
You know I'm a Bah Humbug sort of Veggie, but today I saw Father Christmas - twice!! A real, living, breathing Santa in a Red hat and Coat with a bushy white beard.
The first time was the best. Big Grin
In my car, stopped at traffic lights in our little shopping centre and here comes Santa on his motorbike!
On the pavement a dad, small child in his arms, waiting to cross the road. As Santa rode past the child, he gave him a big Santarly wave with his huge gloved hand. The expression on the child's face was priceless.
Made me smile for the rest of my journey. ...........and, on the way back home, I saw Santa on a motorbike again!. Think it was a different Santa but don't tell the kids.Wink
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Mark_Riga, MartinH, Proserpina

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
(09-12-2021, 09:50 AM)JJB Wrote: That's fairly serious, being without heating for 5 weeks, Mark, that must have been dreadful.

It wasn't too bad. We had a room heater in the living room and a continental quilt each.

The problem was caused by mice. We have an old outbuilding next to the house where we had a heatpump installed in 2012. A mouse must have got inside and bit through a couple of the sensor wires which put it out of action. Replacements had to come from Sweden. I've spent a bit of time since making the building rodent proof (hopefully).

It made me realise how economical heatpumps can be. We used about the same amount of electricity barely heating the living room as it takes to comfortably heat 3 rooms and the hot water with a heatpump.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
Survived (just about) my block of night shifts, and suddenly tomorrow is supposed to be the big day.

(No idea how I'm supposed to get the keys though, and the Estate Agent hasn't replied to my email yet!)
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 4 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, MartinH, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
IIRC the exchange takes places at midday, once the cash has been transferred into the seller's account. Not sure what happens after that your solicitor should know.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • PyreneesPlot

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
SGRWTSH

No, its not a puzzle, its the Welsh word for Junk Mail! I saw it on someone's front door today and it seems to sum up everything I dislike about junk mail.
I think its pronounced like Sgrutch or Sgrootch - that's how I'm saying it anyway. Try saying it aloud, - its very satisfying.Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, PyreneesPlot

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
Looks like a load of junk letters.
[-] The following 4 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Admin, Bren, JJB, Veggie

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
My parents came over to see my house. They seemed to approve!

And we had a good (but very chilly and slightly damp) mootch around the garden. I didn't manage to get out there between getting my keys and it being dark yesterday, so this was my first proper look around. Lots of interesting looking shrubs to try and identify!
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 9 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • Admin, Bren, Broadway, JJB, MartinH, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Online
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(11-12-2021, 10:11 PM)Veggie Wrote: SGRWTSH

No, its not a puzzle, its the Welsh word for Junk Mail! I saw it on someone's front door today and it seems to sum up everything I dislike about junk mail.
I think its pronounced like Sgrutch or Sgrootch - that's how I'm saying it anyway. Try saying it aloud, - its very satisfying.Big Grin
My car sometimes maks a noise like that! Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Proserpina, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Rarely go to the shops these days - it's all delivered but I popped to Asda as I needed some photo frames for Xmas presents for my neighbours. We always exchange small gifts and I had a lovely photo of them both sat under my wisteria with my dogs.
Anway on the way out there were a stash of flower buckets! Not had any of those for a long time!!
[-] The following 6 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, JJB, Proserpina, Veggie, Vinny