2020/21 - What's made you happy today?
Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
I'm expecting to complete next Friday. I'm on nights Monday to Wednesday (finishing Thursday morning) but off work on Friday post-nights, so it works out quite well. I suspect I won't move in properly for a while as there's no point moving everything I own in there only to have the place rewired and cause all kinds of mess. I'll probably just move in with the furniture that my vendor is leaving, a few bits and bobs, and a single mattress if my Dad can fit it in his car, or a blow-up bed if he can't!

I'm on-call over the New Year when there won't be much public transport on offer, so I'll keep my room in the hospital accommodation until then. I'm hoping that I'll be able to move back in for a bit when the rewire is happening but that's going to take a while to organise and I don't just want to keep my room here indefinitely!

Hopefully, a week from now I will be in the house trying to work out which bit of floor is going to be the least chilly place to spend my first night!
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 5 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • Admin, JJB, MartinH, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Fantastic news, Pros. Big Grin
Is the vendor leaving a sofa? A sleeping bag will keep you warm; a kettle and a microwave for basic food/drinks. You'll be so busy finding your way around that you won't have time to feel cold..Wink
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Proserpina

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Now that is a Christmas present worth having. The adventure starts next Friday. Such a long time coming Pros, so happy for you.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Proserpina, Veggie

Small chilli Online
Super Pest Controller
I’ve been offered a new job. I didn’t know I was looking for one! Especially as a personal assistant  Huh . What does one of them do?   Big Grin Huh Blush Big Grin
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Proserpina, Scarlet, Veggie

Admin Offline
The Boss
Depends how much personal assistance they want Wink
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 4 users Like Admin's post:
  • JJB, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Shocked 
(04-12-2021, 06:54 PM)Admin Wrote: Depends how much personal assistance they want Wink
Big Grin Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(04-12-2021, 06:32 PM)Small chilli Wrote: I’ve been offered a new job. I didn’t know I was looking for one! Especially as a personal assistant  Huh . What does one of them do?   Big Grin Huh Blush Big Grin

My mind is boggling! Big Grin  SC in wellies with nail gun in hand offering assistance of any kind could be rather intimidating.   I wish I could draw cartoons, I'd feel an image coming on. Smile
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Online
Super Pest Controller
I’ve just had my first Christmas card. Generally not a reason to post on here. But the thing that fell out of it has made me very very happy
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
This evening was the first time I actually felt an improvement in my punching power at Box & Core and the core work was a wee bit easier. Cool It's only taken me nearly 68 years to get fit! Rolleyes Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
The plumber fixed our heating tonight. He arrived from Clitheroe at 7:30pm and he's off to Anglesea in the morning. Coming back on Sunday to finish off a service. It was out of action for about 5 weeks.
[-] The following 4 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Proserpina, Veggie