2020/21 - What's made you happy today?
Admin Offline
The Boss
Great news Jay....nothing better than grandkids, mainly because you can give them back Big Grin
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 4 users Like Admin's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, Small chilli, Veggie

Jay Offline
Thanks everyone, so exciting!! Miss not being able to visit, we will be virtual grandparents until the Scottish border opens up again!! Sad
West of Scotland
[-] The following 6 users Like Jay's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Mark_Riga, Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
Looked in the poly-tunnel to get some broccoli for dinner. There was a blackbird cackling at the far end but also a much smaller bird flitted. It was a wren that I hadn't seen since Christmas. Hopefully it has been helping to keep the pests down in there. Don't know if they are as good as ladybirds.
[-] The following 6 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Can the Man, Eyren, Jay, JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Broadway Offline
Mrs B had her vaccineSmile

No.2 son had a call with work and will be starting back in London on 12th April. Happy for him but also sad he'll be leaving us.
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 8 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Eyren, Jay, JJB, Scarlet, Veggie, Vinny

Bren Offline
After 11 days my San Marzano Toms have finally popped their heads above the compost. Smile
[-] The following 8 users Like Bren's post:
  • Admin, Broadway, Can the Man, Eyren, Jay, JJB, Mark_Riga, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I have nascent tomato flower buds.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 7 users Like JJB's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Can the Man, Eyren, Jay, Mark_Riga, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(06-03-2021, 11:54 PM)Mark_Riga Wrote: Looked in the poly-tunnel to get some broccoli for dinner. There was a blackbird cackling at the far end but also a much smaller bird flitted. It was a wren that I hadn't seen since Christmas. Hopefully it has been helping to keep the pests down in there. Don't know if they are as good as ladybirds.

I opened the shed yesterday and was wary of scurrying sounds, thinking rodents, but no Mrs Wren had made the mistake of being nosy and got locked in overnight.  She was very pleased to escape.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 8 users Like JJB's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Can the Man, Eyren, Jay, Mark_Riga, Scarlet, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I received some tomato seeds in the post - a little gift that has really made my week. Super chuffed and they are already in the propagator!! Thank you so much TMTT
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
My neighbour's cat, who spends as much time on our sofa as our cat will allow, returned home, just ambled in after EIGHTEEN months away.
He has always been a wanderer and is pretty self sufficient after being abandoned by another neighbour as a young cat, but to come back after all this time! Now I worry that another family thinks they've lost their cat, but given that he still has all his tackle maybe he's just been cruising Smile We will have to enjoy his presence until he disappears again.

And that last try in Paris.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 2 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Broadway, Veggie

doublyjonah Offline
We packed our stuff for the allotment this morning, and then I realized I couldn't find my keys (house and allotment). I spent hours looking for them. They fell out of the last article of clothing left in the house, which somehow missed the other two passes. Not so much happy as mightily relieved, but there we are.
[-] The following 2 users Like doublyjonah's post:
  • Broadway, Veggie