Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 28-03-2021

(28-03-2021, 06:29 PM)Broadway Wrote:
(28-03-2021, 06:10 PM)Bren Wrote: Potted on 32 basil plants they’re back on a windowsill now.
You like a bit of basil then BrenSmile

Just a pinch of seeds sown in a pot and it seems like everyone has  germinated  Big Grin

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 28-03-2021

Went up north of the island to collect seed potatoes. While there I picked up a sheep fleece and some really cool matting stuff also made from wool. I’ll take photos tomorrow for you. They’re different to explain as I’ve never seen anything like it before. Hopefully they will be good slug deterrent.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Eyren - 29-03-2021

Put some more seed trays of hardy veg like spring onions and leeks out in the growhouse, as the conservatory is rather warm today (27ºC) and nearly everything has already germinated. 

Took the ungerminated aubergines out of the propagator, which was over 30ºC according to the compost probe, even though I set the thermostat to 20º. I'm beginning to think they got too hot/damp, as I found a tiny shrivelled seedling well below the surface of one pot. The okra is still in there and looking healthy, but I think if the weather stays good I may just pack the propagator away for the summer.

Maybe next year I'll have more success by sowing them early. At least I have some seedlings coming in April, so I may still be able to harvest some home-grown aubergines!

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 29-03-2021

Only half the day gone but watered GH's naturally, without shade and in the sun they're fairly hot. Dug a strip of veg patch that P avoided as there were standing plants in the way. Clipped the edges of said patch. Now having assuaged my conscience with maintenance I think I might spend the afternoon sowing and in the gh, leaving P to weed.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 29-03-2021

Transplanted some aster seedlings, then potted on tomatoes, courgettes and cucumber, planted out some onion seedlings, then took cutting from some of my fuchsia

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 29-03-2021

(28-03-2021, 09:16 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Went up north of the island to collect seed potatoes. While there I picked up a sheep fleece and some really cool matting stuff also made from wool. I’ll take photos tomorrow for you. They’re different to explain as I’ve never seen anything like it before. Hopefully they will be good slug deterrent.
Here’s the wool matting thingy [attachment=2497] 

I’ve finished wiring boot & beam links together

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 29-03-2021

- Mate dropped off 5 bags of grass clippings at the plot, unloaded then I bagged them up for now as it was very windy...

- INR blood test, all goodSmile...

- Planted 54 seed potatoes...

- Put parsnips in to chit...

- Finished raspberry support...

-

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Vinny - 29-03-2021

I went trout fishing, first day of the season in a hurricane. Shy Of 150 club members only two of us were at the water. Waves were four foot high so after a couple of hours I just gave up as well and came home Rolleyes

Tomorrows forecast is for good weather so I may get to allotment for a spell. Cool

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 30-03-2021

Weeding, grass cutting and moving seedlings around yesterday.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 30-03-2021

- Collected a job lot of cardboard from a friend

- Planted some bits in one of the perennial veg beds (Will detail in the plot thread)

- Booked 2nd covid jabSmile

- Applied for a job!