Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 20-08-2021

(20-08-2021, 12:11 AM)Can the Man Wrote:
(19-08-2021, 12:53 PM)Broadway Wrote: Finally planted my 3 blueberry bushes into a bed at the plot.

Booked my flu jab for September.

Finalised details of my hospital procedure next Thursday. Need a covid test Mon then isolate Tue/Wed although I need to go to hospital both days for an INR test.
Good luck with your procedure Danny. I hope all goes well for you.
Cheers Can

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Spec - 21-08-2021

Found some seed potatoes that I had bought and forgotten about, Nadine, second erlies and Cara main crop, so have planted some of both into old compost bags, hope to have a crop for Christmas, just hope they are not a waste of money as I paid 1p per bagBig Grin

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 22-08-2021

I’ve actually spent some time in the garden today. Did a bit of weeding, seed saving, harvesting, pulled up some Montbresia. Rearranged hammocks for the spaghetti squash. Tied up sprouts Had a chat with lots of the plants that have been coping well in my absence.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Veggie - 22-08-2021

More Tumbleweeding - mostly creeping buttercups dragged out with a rake from one side of a path, piled up on the weeds on the other side of the path. In a few days, I'll drag the weeds off and pull out the covered weeds.
Sowed some Mooli Radish and Salad Rocket. 
Picked some apples and pruned the branches they were on.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 22-08-2021

Planted out some autumn peas, also moved my last blueberry bush into the ericaceous raised bed, so 4 blueberry bushes, now need to get my hands on 2 cranberry plants. Dug a load of thistle from the privet hedge, and brought them and 2 loads of grass down onto the bog.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 25-08-2021

Busy day in the kitchen persevering some of my harvest. Made kale crisps ( salted garlic & herd seasoning), dehydrated courgettes & celery. Got the slow cooker on making vegetable stock. Made a lemon cheesecake. Been wanting to make one for weeks. Collected some seed watered tunnels & pots

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Admin - 25-08-2021

Dug enough volunteer spuds to fill half a wheelbarrow, some came home the rest have a sign on saying help yourself.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 26-08-2021

Harvested chillies & put them straight in the dehydrator. Collected seeds. Watered & fed chilli.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 27-08-2021

I've started to clear one row of raspberries in the cage to then dig it over thoroughly add compost etc and plant up with only autumn fruiting ones. At my pace this may take some time.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 27-08-2021

Removed the debris netting shading from my GH and gave the glass a quick wash.