Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2021 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=754)

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Bren - 05-08-2021

Cut the grass then mulched runner/french beans and raspberries.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 05-08-2021

We were visited by my son and daughter over the weekend.

They mowed all the grass, sorted the greenhouses, tying up tomatoes and peppers, fixed the outside tap, picked a few kilos of red and black currants, as well as a couple of kg tomatoes, cut down all the dock weeds, broke then fixed the lawnmower, weeded a lot, trimmed a few years growth off a shrubbery. I made quite few cups of tea and cut up a cake (courtesy daughter). Main meal was supplied by daughter as well.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 05-08-2021

Watered in the tunnel and picked a selection of tomatoes for a friend

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Mark_Riga - 06-08-2021

I'm trying to save some carrot seed for next year but when I looked to see how they are faring, there were none there. I think they are being nicked by the local blue tits so I've covered with netting to hopefully end up with a late crop. I harvested some parsnip seeds which there will be loads of. I need to check some onions I've let go to seed as well.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 07-08-2021

Lifted my onions and hung them in the blowaway GH for now.

Lifted some potatoes.

Distributed some of the fruit bushes around the now empty onions beds, will plant them next week.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Can the Man - 07-08-2021

Poly tunnel weather so I decided to dig over 2 raised beds added a feed of granular seaweed, BFN, chicken manure pellets, and raked over. Then sowed rooster potatoes for some winter new potatoes. I also sowed some lettuce, winter jewel cabbage, carrots multi coloured and Nantes. I sowed some dwarf lavender and 4 hazelnuts. I didn’t know how to handle them, so there are 2 in the shell and 2 out of the shell. I put some peas into 2 modules where some autumn peas hadn’t germinated. 
I then harvested tomatoes, trimmed up some strawberry plants, fed the tomatoes, chillies, peppers, and gherkin plants with liquid seaweed fertiliser.
I also brought my shallots in to dry them. 

[attachment=3620]
[attachment=3621]
[attachment=3622]
[attachment=3623]
[attachment=3624]
[attachment=3625]
[attachment=3626]
[attachment=3627]

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Small chilli - 08-08-2021

Made some hammocks to support the growing spaghetti squash.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - JJB - 09-08-2021

(08-08-2021, 09:04 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Made some hammocks to support the growing spaghetti squash.

How? What out of? I have a melon needs supporting, but it's growing up a cane, I'm tempted to just lay the cane down.

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Broadway - 09-08-2021

Hospital today, went to the local then got a shuttle to the one in Donny.

Got to have a procedure, now waiting on the appointment, can't waitSad

RE: 2021 - What I did today - Admin - 09-08-2021

Spent the day wrapping an 8 x 6 greenhouse frame in wire mesh. It will house a few raised beds that will become home to my strawberries next season. The floor has a double layer to stop furry little critters digging down under and up.