Garden And Gossip Forums
Your Personality type? - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Nutty as a fruit cake (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Your Personality type? (/showthread.php?tid=594)

Pages: 1 2 3

Your Personality type? - Veggie - 19-10-2020

[attachment=1470]

You're half way through your carton of eggs - what is your personality type?  Big Grin
Answers with reasons please.

RE: Your Personality type? - Vinny - 19-10-2020

I'll start! Big Grin

I think No1. The reason being is that we usually use 1.5 dozen eggs a week. One dozen goes into the fridge door in 1/2 dozen boxes and as the other box outside the fridge is used up, I take another from the fridge.

C'mon then, what does that say about me? Huh

RE: Your Personality type? - Bren - 19-10-2020

Thing is its not just me taking eggs out of the box.    Confused

RE: Your Personality type? - Small chilli - 19-10-2020

It’s 1 for me.
Reason is when they stay in the box (because I’m being to lazy to put them in the China chicken) . The box is on the shelf end on.

RE: Your Personality type? - Veggie - 19-10-2020

Its 1 for me too.
Oldest eggs to the left, newer ones to the right. As I use the oldest ones, the newer ones are moved across until the carton is full. Then I start the next box.
I like 2 - never thought of that before - a balanced box. Wonder if they start in the middle and work out or from one side across.?

RE: Your Personality type? - JJB - 20-10-2020

It's none of them really because the boxed eggs normally get transferred to a two storey rack half dozen at a time, but in principle its 1, like V older to the right making room for the next half dozen box to sit on the left. Unless I'm baking like mad we only have 6 per week. Would this orientation have changed if I was left handed. Any lefties out there?

RE: Your Personality type? - Veggie - 20-10-2020

I'm right handed but I use the eggs from the left first which are the oldest. Does that confuse your theory JJB?

RE: Your Personality type? - Greenfingers - 20-10-2020

Leftie here. I tend to start from the left front but I can use them pretty randomly as I end up with boxes of different sized eggs and I take out the size I want and don't fill the gaps.
I also always plant rows of seeds etc left to right.

^^ totally confused, but that's a normal state. I'm opposite to you (which I would have realised had I read the post correctly) oldest to the right and we're both righthanded. I think I'm overthinking it. It depends on habit. Funnily the same principle applies with other products in the kitchen, oldest to the right so use from the right.

(20-10-2020, 11:13 AM)Greenfingers Wrote: Leftie here. I tend to start from the left front but I can use them pretty randomly as I end up with boxes of different sized eggs and I take out the size I want and don't fill the gaps.
I also always plant rows of seeds etc left to right.

Me too with the seeds and transplants into trays but that's because being RH the hand that's holding the seeds/plants isn't obscuring the ones already done.  Obviously that doesn't apply to LH.   My lad's a leftie, writes with his LH but holds his knife and fork as a RH.
 But you got me thinking and trying to figure out how I planted seeds.  Usually in the patch its top to bottom , straddling the row.