Your Personality type?
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller

You're half way through your carton of eggs - what is your personality type?  Big Grin
Answers with reasons please.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Moth

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
I'll start! Big Grin

I think No1. The reason being is that we usually use 1.5 dozen eggs a week. One dozen goes into the fridge door in 1/2 dozen boxes and as the other box outside the fridge is used up, I take another from the fridge.

C'mon then, what does that say about me? Huh
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Greenfingers, Veggie

Bren Offline
Thing is its not just me taking eggs out of the box.    Confused
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • Greenfingers, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
It’s 1 for me.
Reason is when they stay in the box (because I’m being to lazy to put them in the China chicken) . The box is on the shelf end on.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Greenfingers, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Its 1 for me too.
Oldest eggs to the left, newer ones to the right. As I use the oldest ones, the newer ones are moved across until the carton is full. Then I start the next box.
I like 2 - never thought of that before - a balanced box. Wonder if they start in the middle and work out or from one side across.?
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Greenfingers, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
It's none of them really because the boxed eggs normally get transferred to a two storey rack half dozen at a time, but in principle its 1, like V older to the right making room for the next half dozen box to sit on the left. Unless I'm baking like mad we only have 6 per week. Would this orientation have changed if I was left handed. Any lefties out there?
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Greenfingers, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I'm right handed but I use the eggs from the left first which are the oldest. Does that confuse your theory JJB?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Greenfingers

Greenfingers Offline
Leftie here. I tend to start from the left front but I can use them pretty randomly as I end up with boxes of different sized eggs and I take out the size I want and don't fill the gaps.
I also always plant rows of seeds etc left to right.
[-] The following 2 users Like Greenfingers's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
^^ totally confused, but that's a normal state. I'm opposite to you (which I would have realised had I read the post correctly) oldest to the right and we're both righthanded. I think I'm overthinking it. It depends on habit. Funnily the same principle applies with other products in the kitchen, oldest to the right so use from the right.
Greetings from Salisbury
  • Greenfingers, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(20-10-2020, 11:13 AM)Greenfingers Wrote: Leftie here. I tend to start from the left front but I can use them pretty randomly as I end up with boxes of different sized eggs and I take out the size I want and don't fill the gaps.
I also always plant rows of seeds etc left to right.

Me too with the seeds and transplants into trays but that's because being RH the hand that's holding the seeds/plants isn't obscuring the ones already done.  Obviously that doesn't apply to LH.   My lad's a leftie, writes with his LH but holds his knife and fork as a RH.
 But you got me thinking and trying to figure out how I planted seeds.  Usually in the patch its top to bottom , straddling the row.
Greetings from Salisbury
  • Greenfingers, Veggie