Garden And Gossip Forums
Hotbins - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: Plots, pots and gardens (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+--- Forum: Compost Corner (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=75)
+--- Thread: Hotbins (/showthread.php?tid=148)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Hotbins - Spec - 30-12-2020

(26-12-2020, 07:19 PM)Veggie Wrote: I've always been a bit of a random composter - preferring to chop and drop or throw vegetable waste to the chooks than carry it to the proper compost bin at the end of the garden.
Having the Hotbin close to the house has made me change my routine. Now I'm actively looking for compost material, like the montbretia, chopping down the mint, shredding more paper because I know Mr Greedy likes a regular meal. I would never have collected so much compost material in 10 days without him.
I was speaking to an elderly friend and was asking him how he was managing during this pandemic and though he said he was doing fine he said that his biggest problem was a change to his routine, as he said its all right for us younger folk (me) who can cope with change, but for the elderly at can be very difficult, I immediately thought of you Veggie and thought I'd better check you are managing OK, please let me know if I can help in any way (financial not includedSmile)

RE: Hotbins - JJB - 30-12-2020

^^^ double likes there Spec. Be careful of the pokey stick, I hear it's getting longer and might reach you. Pinocchio comes to mind, his nose grew with lies, Veggie's pokey stick increases with insults.Smile

RE: Hotbins - Veggie - 30-12-2020

We all know that Spec is older than I am, so I humour him in his belief that he is "young". The elderly deserve consideration.............but not always Respect. Smile

Age is just a frame of mindBig Grin

RE: Hotbins - JJB - 30-12-2020

My frame is rotting away and might have woodworm, the mind is going the same way perhaps Smile

(30-12-2020, 06:37 PM)JJB Wrote: My frame is rotting away and might have woodworm, the mind is going the same way perhaps Smile

Try some teetree oil in your bath it might kill the woodworm, as for the mind eat an orange Big Grin

RE: Hotbins - Broadway - 31-12-2020

I’m hoping to have all the bits by Sunday to start building one!

Will take photos along the way hopefully culminating in something looking like a hotbin type thingySmileSmileSmile

RE: Hotbins - Veggie - 31-12-2020

Look forward to watching you, Danny. Smile

RE: Hotbins - Veggie - 14-01-2021

Mr Greedy update.
GH temp 20
Mr G's Lid 30
Mr G's Tummy 50. That's the hottest I've seen it. Smile Bang in the middle of the perfect composting temp range (40-60).

RE: Hotbins - JJB - 14-01-2021

I'm flummoxed at your gh temp, no wonder you get early stuff. My gh is outside air temp. What's your secret?........you're going to say Welsh sunshine aren't you?