Sizes
Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Nope - I have 2x 4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 inch round and the same for square.
I also have a multi tray of 3inch rounds, and my grandmothers loaf tin BUT I mostly use my A4 size Aga tin for most Brownie tray bakes.

I'm a bit OCD Big Grin with cake mix amount. I don't have any left overs. The mix is calculated to fill each tin with the correct amount. Each muffin will be weighed out etc....so they all get the correct cooking time and they are all the same size.

Buying in round and squares in the same makes/or a set means they don't take up a lot of space either.
[-] The following 4 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Greenfingers, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Greenfingers Offline
Scarlet you would have nightmares if you peeked inside my "tin cupboard".
[-] The following 5 users Like Greenfingers's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Moth, Scarlet, Veggie

Moth Offline
Chissit No-digger
(01-04-2021, 11:14 AM)Scarlet Wrote: ...I'm a bit OCD Big Grin with cake mix amount. I don't have any left overs. The mix is calculated to fill each tin with the correct amount. Each muffin will be weighed out etc....so they all get the correct cooking time and they are all the same size.

Good gracious! The only time I've seen or heard of doing that is on the GBBO where precision really matters. 

I just dollop about the same amount into each muffin case, I use a tablespoon for muffins and a dessert spoon for fairy cakes (why are they called that I wonder). As for large cakes, I use the nearest size to the recipe, since for some reason my sandwich tins are  6 1/2", 7 1/2" and 8 1/2".  I inherited them from my mum. The deeper  (much older) loose bottomed tins are regular sizes and I've never measured the square ones - the one I use mostly looks about 7" square - perfect for my flapjack recipe.

I also still have some bits and bobs bought for school housecraft lessons in the sixties, including a cake turntable which really is not much use, a set of rings for making a chequerboard cake, and a charlotte rousse tin (used one time only).
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished  – Lao Tzu
[-] The following 4 users Like Moth's post:
  • Greenfingers, JJB, Scarlet, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I have a cupboard full of random cake tins - I'll never use them. I even have some special AGA ones that came with the AGA - that is turned off and won't be used again for a long time, if ever. Now, I don't have an oven either. Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Greenfingers, JJB, Moth, Scarlet, Small chilli

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller

It takes quite some working out when you make large cakes...and I don't like waste.
[-] The following 5 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man, Greenfingers, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Your Black Cake!! Looks amazing, Scarlet.Smile
There's a big difference between making a Wedding Cake and knocking up a quick sponge.....................although I can't do that either!!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Greenfingers, JJB, Scarlet, Small chilli

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
When I made that I said never again....you can't use white icing sugar to roll out black icing Big Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man, Greenfingers, Small chilli, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Spectacular Scarlet, I well remember trying to keep black fondant black as opposed to grey. I gave up decorating cakes when the OH very plaintively commented about icing sugar all over the place. Never managed anything as professional as yours though.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Greenfingers, Scarlet, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Thank you...making the sugar flowers is what I love to do really. Though more often than not if someone wants a cake they want a character on the top Sad
[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli

Bren Offline
(01-04-2021, 01:28 PM)Greenfingers Wrote: Scarlet you would have nightmares if you peeked inside my "tin cupboard".

These days my Tin cupboard is rather empty  I gave most of them away after realising i only really make carrot cake and the occasional buns.  The tins i use most are my old 1lb Hovis tins  they get used for bread and carrot cakes all 5 of them fit in the oven nicely. 

Really impressed with your cakes Scarlet Smile