Last frosts
Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
(31-03-2021, 12:54 PM)doublyjonah Wrote: Zone 11, which would put my last frost date a few weeks earlier than mid May, the date given by garden focused.

Garden Focused puts me in the second week of May. I guess there could a difference between sites depending on whether they're using a simple arithmetic mean (which I guess the PlantMaps site is doing), or a "worst case scenario barring freak weather" date, which is more useful to real gardeners!
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Vinny

Spec Offline
I don't get last expected frost dates from my indicator I just have to watch for the leaves opening up, the ash tree in my boundary hedge, though it doesn't bury eggs, it's magic for letting me know when the frost has finishedSmile
[-] The following 7 users Like Spec's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Eyren, JJB, Scarlet, Veggie, Vinny

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
(31-03-2021, 09:44 AM)JJB Wrote: I was looking for the predicted last frost date in our area and found this site

Interactive map of  last frost dates

I was really surprised at the differences in areas.  I'm always amazed at how Veggie can transplant tenders well before me, now I know why, her area is a month different to mine.  It's not fairSmile
No use to me here in the Emerald Isle Sad
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 2 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • JJB, Vinny

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Can, yours is here https://www.plantmaps.com/interactive-ir...te-map.php
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Vinny

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
Thanks Veggie
[-] The following 2 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
Looks like they are saying May 1-10, I think I’ll still take a chance on putting the spuds in this weekend, lol keep all the grass from he garden ro spread on top of them if and when.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Can the Man's post:
  • JJB

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(31-03-2021, 04:03 PM)Spec Wrote: I don't get last expected frost dates from my indicator I just have to watch for the leaves opening up, the ash tree in my boundary hedge, though it doesn't bury eggs, it's magic for letting me know when the frost has finishedSmile
You should try a plum tree Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man, Spec