The garden from scratch
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Bottom right corner of your plan is a teeny weeny N so I took that as North.
Maybe make that area behind the garage a "work" area - Bob's stuff, then the PTs. Probably there'll be electric & water somewhere over there and use the "private water supply" (is that the ditch?) as a boundary marker.

EDIT - just seen the blue line on the 2nd plan!!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(29-03-2021, 03:41 PM)Veggie Wrote: Bottom right corner of your plan is a teeny weeny N so I took that as North.
Maybe make that area behind the garage a "work" area - Bob's stuff, then the PTs. Probably there'll be electric & water somewhere over there  and use the "private water supply" (is that the ditch?) as a boundary marker.

EDIT - just seen the blue line on the 2nd plan!!
Sorry think I confused you by adding the second plan to a post you already looked at. I put NSEW on that one.
I can’t find the tiny N you’ve been working off   Huh Blush .
 water supply is private and coming from where the 2 red lines run off the plan. Electric is coming from the pole at the back of the house. You can see it’s shadow on the google map image I put up. ( slightly up & right from the house maker )
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Tiny N is right at the bottom alongside SITE PLAN 1:250.
  • Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Well spotted! I really need to pay more attention to what’s in front of me!

I cropped the plan to much

• Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Location plans are, AFAIK, always oriented the same way, with North at the top - just as if you were looking at a map.
  • Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
You can probably tell it’s a wet cr@py day  Rolleyes . Some more ideas 

Garden paths just plain gravel is probably going to be what we go with. I like the big rocks as edging. Next to boarders. Not next to lawn. We have big rocks edging the lawn here and it’s a nightmare. Takes ages strimming it. 
I like the crazy paving with the flowers between. What could I plant? Creeping thyme? How much of a pain in the butt would it be ? Would I need to keep working / pruning every other week?

I like this sort of arch, but with more natural timbers

This is just a good idea for my salad

[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Scarlet, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
My thoughts -
Agree about grass next to rocks - Don't!
Crazy paving interplanted - don't. It would be a nightmare once flowers died back - unless you could run a mower over it. Maybe planting pockets in bigger gaps between some slabs?
I like arches but they need to be widehigh enough for everything to go through, not just a person. Don't ask me how I know this.Wink
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

toomanytommytoes Offline
Bees love creeping thyme so I'd be worried about stepping on them (for their safety, not mine). It would be OK around the edges I think.

Plants in troughs like that would be hard to keep well watered in a hot summer I reckon.
[-] The following 2 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Thanks for confirming planting between slabs is a daft idea and a full time job!
Don’t want any individual element to be a full time job.
  • Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(29-03-2021, 06:49 PM)Small chilli Wrote: You can probably tell it’s a wet cr@py day  Rolleyes . Some more ideas 

Garden paths just plain gravel is probably going to be what we go with. I like the big rocks as edging. Next to boarders. Not next to lawn. We have big rocks edging the lawn here and it’s a nightmare. Takes ages strimming it. 
I like the crazy paving with the flowers between. What could I plant? Creeping thyme? How much of a pain in the butt would it be ? Would I need to keep working / pruning every other week?

I like this sort of arch, but with more natural timbers

This is just a good idea for my salad
OMG! 2 of those photos could come straight from my garden.
crazy paving with stuff in the middle looks fine - but takes forever to weed. Though that small daisy creeper begins with an E works well....I had a dahli growing through mine last year. I find it hard work. I'm just weed mine all out now.

My "arch" was a broken arbour seat? In the bargain basement. For £40. We used the wood to make a wide arch - and added all the extra bits to make the roof. You don't see the structure much when things are well established on it.
Bob will knock one together in seconds! 
Main thing for me is I get those metal shoes - stops the wood rotting and keeps it firm in the ground. I have lots of trouble with things falling over

[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Moth, Small chilli, Veggie