The garden from scratch
Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I didn’t know that  Blush . 
I must admit that my new veggie garden is 50 square meters smaller than what I have now    Sad . Turns out we’ve put our gate posts at the far end of the plot in the wrong place and (at the moment) I can’t talk him into moving one  Dodgy . 
But there’s lots of time to work on that  Wink . 
So at present I’m trying to fit it all into 250 square meters. Which shouldn’t be to much of a problem because I think most of the missing 50 meters is taken up by the ridiculous wide path. I’ll not be having any wasted space in my new veggie garden. It would just work a lot better if it wasn’t so narrow. But hopefully it’ll be doable.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Does this area include the PTs?
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(05-07-2022, 10:08 AM)Veggie Wrote: Does this area include the PTs?
Yeah it does.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
My first attempt is this. No raised beds yet. They can be made to fit the space.

• Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Quick question. Would you put polytunnels vertically or horizontally?
I’m not sure what to go with as perfectly positioned would be diagonal. That’s not happening.

I’m starting to think maybe horizontally across the narrow width of the plot. But advice would be much appreciated.
  • Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Never had a PT I'm not really qualified to comment but is there a benefit with sunlight and warmth to one of the proposed sites? Are the green outlines your PT place choices? If so the one closest to your new home would be more convenient to get to in the rain, but up the plot might get more light. Tough one.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Small chilli

Moth Offline
Chissit No-digger
Across the narrow width would seem to be a more efficient use of space, plus if the prevailing wind is west or south westerly, it would present a smaller surface area of tunnel to the wind.
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished  – Lao Tzu
[-] The following 2 users Like Moth's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(06-07-2022, 08:54 AM)JJB Wrote: Never had a PT I'm not really qualified to comment but is there a benefit  with sunlight and warmth to one of the proposed sites?  Are the green outlines your PT place choices? If so the one closest to your new home would be more convenient to get to in the rain, but up the plot might get more light. Tough one.
The green outlines are of my gardens top rectangle is veg garden 10m x 25m polytunnels in here some how. 
other green (not quite) square is my cottage garden. 
Your supposed to put tunnels & greenhouses facing north to south or south to north. So they get full benefit of the sun. Obviously that’s not always possible and even if it is there could still be things in the way blocking the light (other building, trees, mountains).
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I'd put the PTs in a line parallel with the northwest side of the plot. That way they don't shade each other or the veg beds on the south-east side.
Put the PT that you access most often closest to the house.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Moth, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Here’s my first attempt at the layout. Please pick holes in it . I’m sure there’s things I’ve not considered.
The only raised bed size that is set in stone is the one called fish farm. That’s already built.

Overview 

Split into 2 close ups

And the key

• Moth, Veggie