Vinny's Allotment Plot
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(11-07-2022, 04:45 PM)Veggie Wrote: The next photo for the Rogue's gallery? Big Grin
They are proper Speedo's. Just walked Kato in them. Quite impressed for 99p! Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I'm trying to imagine Kato in Speedos. Big Grin

Have you heard of Speedo Mick? he walked 2000 miles around Britain wearing only his Speedos to raise money for charities, especially the homeless.
https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2021-09-0...is-speedos
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
My mind is boggling, imagining meeting you on your walk dressed only in speedos, you'd definitely frighten any sensitive little old ladies you met
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
That lets us out, Jen - we'd just laugh and point and titter behind our hands. Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Vinny

Vinny Offline
The SHORT swim shorts are made by Speedo but not actually speedo's, if you get what I mean! Rolleyes Tongue

PS I was really worried someone would see me taking a photo of my crotch............... what would they think? Sick

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I imagine your neighbours are used to your antics. I had to look twice at the first photo as I thought it was your backside. Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Nice legs Vinny Big Grin
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Bren, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Enough of this frivolity, been back at the allotment again! Smile

Mainly went to water stuff in greenhouse but I always find summat else to do (as you do!)

Lifted my elephant garlic and seperated out the three biggest ones to split up and re-plant in the autumn. I placed  them all upside down through the wire top of a dog crate I purposely keep at the allotment to dry stuff off on.
As I am not a fan of bare soil I broke up the soil where the elephant garlic had been and created a seed bed. Into this I planted some what I think are PSB? but they could be calabrese? as the labels blew away from the seedbed I have grown them in. Rolleyes

I then harvested what will soon be the last of the strawberries which just keep on giving. Once they are finished I will take the hedge shears to them and give all the plants a truim to rejuvinate them.

I have a blackcurrant bush in the corner of the plot which has grown to about  8 foot high because of lack of pruning? Te problem is it is surrounded by nettles. I gingerly flattened the nettles down (nettles and bare legs don't mix) Cry and fought my way to the bush. As it needed pruning anyway I just chopped off a branch, stripped off the blackcurrants and went on to the next branch. One bucket of blackcurrants and one pruned bush made me happy with result. I also gathered blackcurrants off another more accessible bush as well. Cool

After tasting some gooseberries on another bush and finding them quite sweet I though I may as well pick those as well before the local kids pinched them!

I don't know whether to make mixed fruit jam or cook each soft fruit individually? Decisions, decisions. Rolleyes
  • JJB, Veggie

Vinny Offline
(12-07-2022, 11:14 AM)Veggie Wrote: I imagine your neighbours are used to your antics. I had to look twice at the first photo as I thought it was your backside. Big Grin
I've deleted it veggie because I agree with you! Big Grin
  • JJB, Veggie

Vinny Offline
A couple of hours weeding and foraging soft fruit at the plot Smile .Strawberries are just about done now so will get a chop with the shears when I remmeber to bring them with me Blush . Gooseberry jam was a huge success and I still have loads to pick so will deffo make some more. Cool
Spring cabbage are hearting up nicely so will have to start eating them soon. Lots of onions tops are bending over now. Gigantes beans are starting to romp up the poles but I don't hold out much hope for the spuds who's tops are stunted compared to last years through lack of water methinks.
Time to start thinking about what I am going to put in the onion beds once harvested. Huh

Need to order some spring cabbage seeds online as I refuse to pay £4.00 a packet for them at B&Q! Angry

PS Just ordered 400 Durham Early cabbage seeds for £1.45 delivered online.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Veggie