Veggie's random garden
Mikey Offline
A few of mine have spots and a couple with pits it’s some breakdown of the lenticels I think, probably brought on by the aphid attack in my case weakening the trees defenses.
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller

Who knows what you (or I) will spot when you're having a wander in a random garden?

I've no idea what they are, never seen them here before. White fungi always make me wary though.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
^^^ My best guess at identifying these is The Miller https://www.mushroomdiary.co.uk/2011/09/...-mushroom/. I have no intention of eating them - just concerned that the dogs/chook may.
  • JJB, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
In my ( no knowledge what so ever ) view. You’re identification is Looking pretty good. But like you say it’s not worth the risk if you’re not 100% accurate in you ID. I’ll get Bob to have a look. He’s a little less clueless than me ( in this department  Wink ).
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller

This is the patch where I throw old seeds and push in cuttings  just for the fun of it. It may look like a mass of weeds but there are blackcurrants, raspberries and gooseberries, parsnips, various Chinese leaves. double and single feverfew, wallflowers, comfrey, radish, rocket, lemon balm, mint, landcress and lettuce and more that I can't remember. 
Sometimes I just stand in the middle and count how many different plants I can see. It keeps me off the streets. Smile
  • JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller

Mooching around the muddy garden today and I noticed that the trees have been decorated ready for the festive season Wink

Don't ask me what type of apple they are because i haven't a clue but they're russets with firm, sweet flesh. I have one every morning, chopped up on my breakfast granola.

Self seeded Calendula also brightened the murky day. 
Thank you, garden. You're a good friend. Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
While I'm here, do you remember that I divided the middle part of the garden into 30 beds - one for each day of the month - and each bed would have a fruit tree or bush, a vegetable, a herb and a flower. I've mostly done that now.
Somehow, it seems wrong to call each little area a "Bed" and, most definitely wrong to call them "Plots". Instead, I'm going to treat each one as a Garden in its own right and with its own character.
For example, the soft fruit bed becomes the Soft Fruit Garden, there's a Mulberry garden, a Kale and Plum Garden etc. Its just seems friendlier and more enjoyable to while away a few hours in the Raspberry garden than pruning raspberries in the raspberry bed!
  • JJB, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(22-11-2020, 07:09 PM)Veggie Wrote: While I'm here, do you remember that I divided the middle part of the garden into 30 beds - one for each day of the month - and each bed would have a fruit tree or bush, a vegetable, a herb and a flower. I've mostly done that now.
Somehow, it seems wrong to call each little area a "Bed" and, most definitely wrong to call them "Plots". Instead, I'm going to treat each one as a Garden in its own right and with its own character.
For example, the soft fruit bed becomes the Soft Fruit Garden, there's a Mulberry garden, a Kale and Plum Garden etc. Its just seems friendlier and more enjoyable to while away a few hours in the Raspberry garden than pruning raspberries in the raspberry bed!

Sounds decidedly posh.  You need an orangery, lemony and vine house to go with your 'gardens'.  By the time you've finished the 30 day plan, you'll have come up with some other wacky idea and change all again.  It'll  be like the proverbial Forth Bridge.  Tongue
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I'm redrawing the 30 Plot plan this evening - its down to a 17 Garden plan at the moment - which gives me scope to add in the Vegetable Garden, the Home garden and the Rockery - which wasn't included before as you can't have a Rockery Bed - you'd never sleep on one of those. Smile
  • JJB, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I like the idea of a rockery bed, I wouldn't have to get rid of all the stones then.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie