Veggie's random garden
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Remember Victoria and Stanley's "garden" when I had "people" living in each plot?
Victoria Rhubarb and Stanley "Baldwin" blackcurrant.
There were more..........
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Yeah I remember  Big Grin . I believe you evicted some of them, can’t remember their names though    Big Grin .
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Still trying to get rid of the little beggars. Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli

JJB Online
Moonraker
I feel distinctly unimaginative, our huge copper beech is only called We Tree the lad named it when he was about 3.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I'd call it Dixon or Plod Big Grin
  • JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller

Meet Arthur Ash. Sadly he had to be decapitated a few years ago as his limbs were not as strong as they used to be and he was becoming a liability. 
When he was younger, I used to be able to walk right around him - there's a ditch on the far side, then the fence to the field. I had a little "gate" there where I could go into the field and wander. The ownership of the fields has changed since then and its mostly grazed by horses as part of a livery stables. They're not very good at maintaining their boundaries and the fields are getting smaller with the brambles taking over. I can't criticise because I've let them do the same here! Every year I try to clear them but never seem to win the battle completely.  One day, maybe.Big Grin
  • JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I've taken a few photos today of different parts of the garden that need a makeover, some are bigger than others. I'll post the photo one day and make it over the next day. That's the plan anyway.

Tomorrow I'm going to tidy up a small bed where a plum tree used to be - it was cut down a couple of weeks ago. I hope to find lavender, the remains of some tulips and some Nerines. Lots of wild strawberry plants and some Stinking iris. 

Wish me luck. Big Grin
  • JJB, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Nice to finally meet Arthur  Big Grin . Did you used to use him as a gate/fence post? 

Look forward to seeing the ex plum tree bed makeover photos    Smile . I’ve found your lavender    Big Grin .
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Methinks 'Arhur' needs a fairy door! Smile
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • JJB

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(13-07-2022, 07:43 AM)Small chilli Wrote: Nice to finally meet Arthur  Big Grin . Did you used to use him as a gate/fence post? 

Look forward to seeing the ex plum tree bed makeover photos    Smile . I’ve found your lavender    Big Grin .
You've spotted the wire marks on the trunk! Arthur was on the original boundary line between the field and the old orchard (which was sold to 5 neighbouring houses - me being the middle house with the biggest portion Big Grin). There was an old metal gate near Arthur and the far side of the gate was very boggy because the spring in the field runs into that bit.
When we neighbours bought the orchard I negotiated with the surveyor so that the field boundary became part of the orchard, rather than the field beyond. Can't remember the details but something about in Ye Olde Times the farmer dug a ditch and threw the spoil into a mound along a boundary.............anyway, having made the vendor's surveyor, countless cups of coffee, he agreed that a bit of boggy ground and a ditch were of no value to the purchaser of the field who wanted it for horse grazing, so he included it with the orchard, not the field.
That's how Arthur and his twin sisters further along the bank became my friends.  Big Grin
  • JJB, Small chilli