What do you wear in the garden?
Bren Offline
I'll own up to gardening early morning  in my PJ's  Blush    its not intentional I go out first thing to bring in the milk and have a look around the garden next thing I know I'm weeding or re-homing self seeded plants.

Rest of the time its shorts, or cargo pants with either crocs or boots depending what I'm doing.
[-] The following 6 users Like Bren's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Moth, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(23-03-2021, 10:20 AM)Admin Wrote: Another pet hate is what are locally known as benefit pants...poorly fitting jogging bottoms
What if those baggy bottomed, sagging crotched, bulgy kneed, wrinkled ankled, jogging bottoms actually fitted the wearer..................maybe they do!Wink
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Spec

JJB Offline
Moonraker
All old trousers/jeans and tops go into the top cupboard of the wardrobe for garden wear. Some things up there must be 40+ yrs old. So in winter it's my mother's old jeans, a hand me down sweatshirt, if cold mother's old woollen jacket and until very recently the lad's old lace up school shoes. In summer hot weather, as little as possible. I believe I'm a bit of an embarrassment to the neighbours.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 7 users Like JJB's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Can the Man, Greenfingers, Moth, Spec, Veggie

Moth Offline
Chissit No-digger
I wear the oldest of the old. Chinos worn through on the thighs (that point has to deal with a lot of stretch, particularly kneeling down) Rolleyes and patched on the inside, tee shirts that I can't bear to oust even when the neck rib is barely clinging on and the cuffs are frayed. For colder days, worn out fleeces that should go in the bin, and footwear is old pairs of leaky walking boots when they are replaced by new ones. It always amazes me that folk have decent clothes to send to charity shops. By the time I've finished with mine, they are only fit for rags......

I most certainly wouldn't spend £64 on a gardening pinny, I wouldn't spend that on any one item of clothing.
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished  – Lao Tzu
[-] The following 6 users Like Moth's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Greenfingers, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
There are a few of us who predicted that ripped and torn jeans would be in fashion one day.Wink
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 7 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Eyren, JJB, Moth, Small chilli, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(23-03-2021, 12:29 PM)Veggie Wrote:
(23-03-2021, 10:20 AM)Admin Wrote: Another pet hate is what are locally known as benefit pants...poorly fitting jogging bottoms
What if those baggy bottomed, sagging crotched, bulgy kneed, wrinkled ankled, jogging bottoms actually fitted the wearer..................maybe they do!Wink
Sounds a lot like me! Smile
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 4 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Spec, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
I can't abide the feeling of jeans on the backs of my knees when I'm kneeling, it just  itches and irritates like mad, so I tend to wear leggings with baggy joggers over the top when it's cold. Flattering it isn't  Big Grin but I don't care. Luckily shorts & a vest are enough for most of the summer. 
Shoes are proper trainers or stout boots because my feet are painful due to RA, although I might potter in flip flops in the summer.
I have a friend who is obsessed with getting a tan so gardens in a bikini from the moment the sun comes out, sometimes with wellies...
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 6 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Greenfingers, JJB, Moth, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
My trousers are a pair of imitation Snickers workwear from Aldi €25. My boots ar toe cappers again from Aldi, my tops are old tees and sweaters that are worn and not suitable for social occasions plus an old company fleece from years back. Most importantly is a woolly hat for cold weather and a peaked cap for sunny weather, and some gardening gloves from Aldi. I always buy a few pairs of the different ones lightweight and warm ones for different times of year, I seem to go through a lot of these gloves as I like to get my hands NOT dirty if you know what I mean - hands on Smile
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 6 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Greenfingers, JJB, Moth, Veggie

Spec Offline
I can't understand you folks who go out to the garden in untidy clothing, it should be a suite with waistcoat and highly polished boots or shoes Rolleyes Well that's the way I think my OH wants me to go out, twice I have had to remove my favourite jumper from the bin and I get glowered at when I put it on, but I am comfortable in it and there are that many stains on it, she doesn't know when there's a new oneBig Grin
[-] The following 9 users Like Spec's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Can the Man, Greenfingers, JJB, Mark_Riga, Moth, PyreneesPlot, Veggie