Rhubarb
Bren Offline
My unnamed verity is around 4inch tall so I’ll be waiting a while for my crumble.
[-] The following 5 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, Moth, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
My Stockbridge Arrow has died back so completely, I'm not even sure where I planted it Sad

I'm hoping it hasn't rotted away in our heavy soil - fingers crossed it will put in an appearance eventually...
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(21-03-2021, 08:52 AM)Eyren Wrote: My Stockbridge Arrow has died back so completely, I'm not even sure where I planted it Sad

I'm hoping it hasn't rotted away in our heavy soil - fingers crossed it will put in an appearance eventually...
That’s why I planted mine in a tractor tyre. When I brought the plant I was advised they don’t like having their feet wet.
they advised planting it on a raised mound. I had the tyre going spare. Which turned out to be a success.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Eyren, Veggie, Vinny

Moth Offline
Chissit No-digger
(21-03-2021, 12:52 AM)Bren Wrote: My unnamed verity is around 4inch tall so I’ll be waiting a while for my crumble.

You could name your unnamed variety Verity, Bren  Wink  Big Grin
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished  – Lao Tzu
[-] The following 6 users Like Moth's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Small chilli, Spec, Veggie, Vinny

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
(21-03-2021, 09:01 AM)Small chilli Wrote:
(21-03-2021, 08:52 AM)Eyren Wrote: My Stockbridge Arrow has died back so completely, I'm not even sure where I planted it Sad

That’s why I planted mine in a tractor tyre. When I brought the plant I was advised they don’t like having their feet wet.
they advised planting it on a raised mound. I had the tyre going spare. Which turned out to be a success.

Thanks, I'll remember that! If it doesn't come back, I'll buy a replacement and find a better way to plant it.
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli, Spec, Vinny

Broadway Offline
(21-03-2021, 11:59 AM)Eyren Wrote:
(21-03-2021, 09:01 AM)Small chilli Wrote:

Thanks, I'll remember that! If it doesn't come back, I'll buy a replacement and find a better way to plant it.
As I said I grew mine from seed last year, they died right back and are just poking back through now.
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, Eyren, Spec, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I've had to fence my new ones in today! Its not that they've grown massive overnight but that the dogs decided that chicken poo-enriched compost was the perfect snack and starting eating all the topping!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 6 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Mark_Riga, Small chilli, Spec, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
I would love one of those fancy red porcelain rhubarb blanchers with a lid. Cool I think I have just found a use for an old wastebin! Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli, Spec

Broadway Offline
(21-03-2021, 01:32 PM)Vinny Wrote: I would love one of those fancy red porcelain rhubarb blanchers with a lid. Cool I think I have just found a use for an old wastebin! Big Grin
Yes, they do look good. I noticed one of the guys at the plot doing something with an upside-down metal bin yesterday and thought there's an idea. I have one at the plot from home with the house number painted on, god knows how old it isSmile
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(21-03-2021, 01:54 PM)Broadway Wrote:
(21-03-2021, 01:32 PM)Vinny Wrote: I would love one of those fancy red porcelain rhubarb blanchers with a lid. Cool I think I have just found a use for an old wastebin! Big Grin
Yes, they do look good. I noticed one of the guys at the plot doing something with an upside-down metal bin yesterday and thought there's an idea. I have one at the plot from home with the house number painted on, god knows how old it isSmile
Sorted!!! Rolleyes
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie