Pet names
Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(19-03-2021, 08:30 AM)Moth Wrote:
(17-03-2021, 04:49 PM)Spec Wrote: Just Dear and Darling, though when I remember her name I use that Big GrinBig Grin

I don't use pet names as such, but generically, as Spec uses "dear", I use "pet". Leicester people tend to say "duckie", my Lincolnshire cousins say "me duck", and I believe up north they use "hen". What's the local equivalent where you live?
Babe is used in Wales lots...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scarlet's post:
  • Spec

Broadway Offline
(17-03-2021, 04:49 PM)Spec Wrote: Just Dear and Darling, though when I remember her name I use that Big GrinBig Grin

I don't use pet names as such, but generically, as Spec uses "dear", I use "pet". Leicester people tend to say "duckie", my Lincolnshire cousins say "me duck", and I believe up north they use "hen". What's the local equivalent where you live?
Where I am now it's duck, was very strange for a LondonerSmileSmile

The guys use "pal" a lot.
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • Spec

Spec Offline

I use hen quite a lot but really need to try and stop when you see some reactions from some younger lassies, they seem to view it as sort of derogatory, when actually they couldn't be further from the truth
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spec's post:
  • Scarlet

Broadway Offline
Almost forgot I use "love" a lot, not just for the Mrs but in general, well general to ladies!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • Spec

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
I don't use them, but MrPP has always called me Swish. When we first met he was working at Devonport where all the wives were referred to as dragons  Angry and dragons have tails and tails go swish ... 
One other very close friend uses it too.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 4 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Scarlet, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Haha! I love that PP! Personally I'm never offended by dragon etc...my bothers uses that lots.

Butt / butty is used hugely in the valleys, not for the wife but for their mates.
[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Broadway, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Actually this has really reminded me of Pots and his beloved SWMBO Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Bren, Moth, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Jimny14 Offline

I'm from Yorkshire and will regularly use "love" quite regularly. I try not to to patients when at work but a few who I've seen regularly for years I do occasionally. 
I remember a customer in the pub I used to work in in Bristol complaining to the landlord that I'd called her "love" and how inappropriate it was. To his credit the land lord said "I'm sorry you were offended but he cant help it he's from yorkshire." Her reply will always make me smile. "Oh I didn't realise he is northern, that's fine!"
[-] The following 3 users Like Jimny14's post:
  • Moth, Spec, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(19-03-2021, 11:12 AM)Broadway Wrote: Almost forgot I use "love" a lot, not just for the Mrs but in general, well general to ladies!
I was doing some conservation work with a volunteer from Germany.
Someone said "Thanks Love" to her and she was really taken aback, almost offended. She told me that German people would only say Love to their nearest and dearest.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Jimny14, Moth, Spec

Broadway Offline
(19-03-2021, 02:40 PM)Veggie Wrote:
(19-03-2021, 11:12 AM)Broadway Wrote: Almost forgot I use "love" a lot, not just for the Mrs but in general, well general to ladies!
I was doing some conservation work with a volunteer from Germany.
Someone said "Thanks Love" to her and she was really taken aback, almost offended. She told me that German people would only say Love to their nearest and dearest.
Yer I can sort of get that, I suppose its a bit more personal?