Pet names
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
"Thanks Love" is quite normal here - in shops, transport, wherever you come into contact with someone. Doesn't mean anything - just a substitute for knowing their name.

My brother calls all his children and their spouses and his grandkids, even me, "Darling" - he says he can't upset any of them by calling them by the wrong name - though some of his grandsons in their 20s look a bit concerned sometimes. Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Moth, Spec

Greenfingers Offline
I call my husband Chairfull or occasionally Carly. His own fault. Many years ago I was telling him to be careful when he was doing DIY. He obviously got his tongue in a knot when he replied and said "My middle name is Careful. They call me Carly Chairfull........
[-] The following 3 users Like Greenfingers's post:
  • mcdood, PyreneesPlot, Spec

Bren Offline
(19-03-2021, 10:48 AM)Broadway Wrote:
(19-03-2021, 08:30 AM)Moth Wrote:
(17-03-2021, 04:49 PM)Spec Wrote: Just Dear and Darling, though when I remember her name I use that Big GrinBig Grin

I don't use pet names as such, but generically, as Spec uses "dear", I use "pet". Leicester people tend to say "duckie", my Lincolnshire cousins say "me duck", and I believe up north they use "hen". What's the local equivalent where you live?
Where I am now it's duck, was very strange for a LondonerSmileSmile

The guys use "pal" a lot.

I'm in Derbyshire and they use 'me Duck' as well.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • Broadway, Moth