If you had a second chance?
Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
We'll need photos.Wink Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • PyreneesPlot, Scarlet

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Haha! You'll get fed up Big Grin

What I do need is some tips on taking photos of tiny things...they are never quite right. It's very difficult taking good photos of earrings!
[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • PyreneesPlot, Spec, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Whilst I don't really have regrets I wish I had more confidence at many stages in life. Attending a different school about every two years in various different countries sapped much of my belief in myself. Coupled with the few perceived options available for girls, teacher, nurse, secretary, hairdresser, etc, when returning to UK at 17 with no British qualifications, an elderly relative to live with and no idea what I wanted to do, secretarial college was the least worse option. Many different jobs in all sorts of trades from hydraulic hoses to truck rental and electronics (where I met OH) on to my favourite and last job as adim/PA in a small private care home for adults with a learning disability. I was initially doubtful about the job, having some of the usual prejudices, but it was the most rewarding post of my whole career.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 6 users Like JJB's post:
  • Jay, mcdood, PyreneesPlot, Scarlet, Spec, Veggie

Spec Offline
(16-03-2021, 09:31 PM)Scarlet Wrote: Same here really - love my boys and I absolutely loved bringing them up...I was so looking forward to the empty nest though Big Grin But I'm in the 3rd year being home without them and now I would love to go back to an art studio.
Do it now Scarlet for they will be back, then you won't have timeRolleyes
[-] The following 3 users Like Spec's post:
  • Jay, Scarlet, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
It's funny actually, I couldn't wait for them to go, the first year when neither of them were here I did lots more crafts, really put more effort into the garden. Then blink and they are back for Summer. The second year I started thinking perhaps I could run some enamel classes. A couple a week would be enough for me. I little bit of social but enough time for my other things too. Then after Xmas the covid news started coming through and before lockdown one was already home. They went back at the end of September and it's already March. I think the kitchen extension has side tracked me a bit by but I'm sure other people spin lots of plates. I need to up my game.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Spec Offline
(16-03-2021, 11:07 AM)mcdood Wrote: Careers advice at school consisted of a set of alphabetical leaflets in a filing cabinet,

My Careers advice consisted of, "Thankfully after June, you won't be back, get a job" RolleyesBig Grin
[-] The following 8 users Like Spec's post:
  • JJB, Mark_Riga, mcdood, Moth, PyreneesPlot, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie

Spec Offline
Just realised that in an earlier post I had said 56years it's not it's only 55years, just feels moreBig Grin
Its our anniversary on Friday, unfortunately due to restrictions I can't take her out for a nice meal, no matter the fish man comes tomorrow so I will buy a couple of slice of haddock, so that she can make us fish and chips for Fridays teaSmile Smile
[-] The following 5 users Like Spec's post:
  • Bren, Jay, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
(17-03-2021, 10:03 AM)Spec Wrote:
(16-03-2021, 11:07 AM)mcdood Wrote: Careers advice at school consisted of a set of alphabetical leaflets in a filing cabinet,

My Careers advice consisted of, "Thankfully after June, you won't be back, get a job" RolleyesBig Grin
 Mine was "Work hard........because you never did in school".
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Spec

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
(17-03-2021, 05:01 PM)Spec Wrote: Just realised that in an earlier post I had said 56years it's not it's only 55years, just feels moreBig Grin
Its our anniversary on Friday, unfortunately due to restrictions I can't take her out for a nice meal, no matter the fish man comes tomorrow so I will buy a couple of slice of haddock, so that she can make us fish and chips for Fridays teaSmile Smile

Don't you think that is a bit extravagant? A good dinner from the chippie for us was a portion of chips with bits of batter in with just salt & vinegar. Our anniversary is coming up but only 44 years this year. I did see her first though 61 years ago when she moved from Manchester to our villages. The first time I saw her, at 7 year of age, I got this feeling of impending doom but it pended on and off for quite a while.
[-] The following 5 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • JJB, PyreneesPlot, Scarlet, Spec, Veggie

Spec Offline
^^^^ For my wife I spare no expense, for by that she makes good fish and chipsBig Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Spec's post:
  • Mark_Riga, Scarlet