Do you have an ology?
Spec Offline
(15-03-2021, 10:21 AM)JJB Wrote: I'm feeling decidedly left out, not an ology in sight here. I was always reminded that my brother was the clever one, foolishly I believed it. I nearly got to finishing school in Ascot....does that count? Ended up at secretarial college in Salisbury looking after elderly grandma.
Masses of skills, no ologies.

As I said in my previous post I have nothing either, my siblings were A students, evedently by the time I came along the family "brains" pot was about empty and all I got was the dregs Big Grin
[-] The following 9 users Like Spec's post:
  • Broadway, Jay, JJB, Mark_Riga, PyreneesPlot, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Admin Offline
The Boss
(15-03-2021, 12:18 PM)Spec Wrote:
(15-03-2021, 10:21 AM)JJB Wrote: I'm feeling decidedly left out, not an ology in sight here. I was always reminded that my brother was the clever one, foolishly I believed it.  I nearly got to finishing school in Ascot....does that count?  Ended up at secretarial college in Salisbury looking after elderly grandma.
Masses of skills, no ologies.

As I said in my previous post I have nothing either, my siblings were A students, evedently by the time I came along the family "brains" pot was about empty and all I got was the dregs Big Grin

I am sorry you both never got one...there you go, you both have an apology Big Grin
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 6 users Like Admin's post:
  • Jay, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli, Spec, Veggie

Admin Offline
The Boss
I have a degree in Environmental Science, which in effect is Ecology
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 7 users Like Admin's post:
  • Jay, PyreneesPlot, Scarlet, Small chilli, Spec, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I have a Nutterology - its acquired, not from studying but by answering questions on threads like this.

Well done everyone, you've all passed. Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Spec

JJB Offline
Moonraker
^^^ you have a professorship in nutterology and you are tutoring us all, we might even pass the exams Smile
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Spec, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
You're doing very well with your studies, JJB - a star pupil. Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(15-03-2021, 03:25 PM)JJB Wrote: ^^^ you have a professorship in nutterology and you are tutoring  us all, we might even pass the exams Smile
Creep, teachers pet, swat  Big Grin  Tongue   Big Grin
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(15-03-2021, 04:42 PM)Small chilli Wrote:
(15-03-2021, 03:25 PM)JJB Wrote: ^^^ you have a professorship in nutterology and you are tutoring  us all, we might even pass the exams Smile
Creep, teachers pet, swat  Big Grin  Tongue   Big Grin

Hah Hah.  Creep maybe, swat, never. Tongue  Tongue I'll send her an apple if it gets me good grades - might be one exam I pass!  You'll not pass if you muck about at the back though Big Grin

(On reflection it did sound a bit creepy, didn't it?  Didn't sound like that in my head as I wrote it though   Confused
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
I seved my time and worked in engineering for ten years , 5 years of which I was going to college on day release. From what I remember my first year was General Engineering then four years on a Fabrication Technicians course.(HNC or ONC can't remember) 

Then the bombshell came in 1980 and they shut the British Steel plant at Consett works making everyone redundant. Consett was a steel town so no other jobs were to be had.

I moved down the road to Newcastle area and blagged my way into a job on a University Sports Ground.They sent me to college again and I managed to get good qualifications in Sports Turf Management(Distinction) so they eventually gave me the gaffers job!

Then I was made redundant again, two years before my retirement age, so I took early retirement.

So in essence, I now have retirementology. Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 5 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli, Spec, Veggie

Jimny14 Offline
(15-03-2021, 08:30 AM)Scarlet Wrote:
(14-03-2021, 11:49 PM)Jimny14 Wrote: My first degree was an ology. BSc in dental technology. I then worked as a dental technician for a few years, mainly in prosthetics and a bit of orthodontics. Then I went back to uni to train as a dentist.
If I'd known I would have come to you for a visit over lockdown. Nearly a whole year with waiting to have a tooth out. Sad They tried filling it 3 times.

If you're in the Lancaster area I could very well be your dentist struggling to manage the backlog caused by the last year's problems. I'll try not to get too irate here, it's not the forum for it. 
I hope you're not in too much pain and that you have managed to get your problem tooth treated now.
[-] The following 4 users Like Jimny14's post:
  • Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny