Do you have an ology?
Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(15-03-2021, 10:58 PM)Jimny14 Wrote:
(15-03-2021, 08:30 AM)Scarlet Wrote:
(14-03-2021, 11:49 PM)Jimny14 Wrote: My first degree was an ology. BSc in dental technology. I then worked as a dental technician for a few years, mainly in prosthetics and a bit of orthodontics. Then I went back to uni to train as a dentist.
If I'd known I would have come to you for a visit over lockdown. Nearly a whole year with waiting to have a tooth out. Sad They tried filling it 3 times.

If you're in the Lancaster area I could very well be your dentist struggling to manage the backlog caused by the last year's problems. I'll try not to get too irate here, it's not the forum for it. 
I hope you're not in too much pain and that you have managed to get your problem tooth treated now.
Yes thank you. I was eventually referred to the hospital who pulled ig last week. I honestly think it could have been saved if it had been filled when my old one fell out Sad I tried temporary stuff myself. 
I actually called the hospital and burst into tears asking for my appointment to brought forward. I spent a few nights hugging a radiator Big Grin  honestly it made me feel really poorly.
[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Jimny14, JJB, Veggie

Spec Offline
Jimny there is a thread which I view as stepping back from some of the modern products that are causing environmental problems, when I was a bit youngerRolleyes there wasn't the same number of dentists about, so we had to revert to home remedies when suffering toothache, what Rabbie Burns called "the hell o` a` diseases", I remember my sisters tieing a length of thread to my tooth, then to the door handle and while one held me the other slamed the door shut, this pulled the tooth out and yes it did stop the toothache, and funny enough I never ever had toothache when they were ever about againRolleyes possibly we will go back to that againBig Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Spec's post:
  • JJB, Scarlet

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
You probably pull yours out every night now, Spec.Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Spec, Vinny

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
My first degree was Biology (well, Biological Sciences), and before that, I did A-levels that included Biology, Sociology, and Archaeology (and others, but they weren't ologies!)

My medical degree isn't an ology (but is an even fancier sounding "Medicinae Baccalaureus Baccalaureus Chirurgiae" if you can get your mouth around that!) and, while most medical/surgical specialties are ologies (e.g. Gastroenterology, Urology, Neurology, Ophthalmology), I've gone and picked one that isn't. 

So, despite all this fancy education, I have failed to be an ologist after all!  Big Grin
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 5 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • JJB, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Spec Offline
(16-03-2021, 12:19 AM)Veggie Wrote: You probably pull yours out every night now, Spec.Smile
That would imply that they were tight fitting, as I have never been tight with any thingRolleyes, why should my teeth be any diffrentConfused
[-] The following 3 users Like Spec's post:
  • JJB, Scarlet, Veggie