Eco friendly recommendations
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I've used the offcut shampoo bar once and I was a bit concerned because I'd read so much about transition problems - there were none.Smile No static and my hair can be a bit flyaway. Used the same bar to wash all over - save getting another one wet.
I'm well pleased with the offcuts!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli

Spec Offline
(16-06-2021, 02:54 PM)Small chilli Wrote: I’ve used my shampoo & conditioner bars from non plastic beach a couple of times now. I have to say, they are brilliant.
My hair after washing normally is a little like fingers in the plug socket! A little fly away. But not with this stuff. My hair looks like I care about it . That’s new  Wink . Looks like it know what a brush is. It’s really soft and tangle free. Also don’t need to wash as often. It stays look good for longer. The best bit is no transition period from liquid to bar.
The idea of a vinegar rinse has never really appeared to me.

My hair is the same Sc Rolleyes
[-] The following 3 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli

Admin Offline
The Boss
One of my former clients was a manufacturer of shampoo, until they moved to Wales. It was an eye opener to see what the ingredients were!!
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 2 users Like Admin's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli

doublyjonah Offline
I've ordered some soap offcuts after the positive reviews. Looking forward to trying them!
[-] The following 2 users Like doublyjonah's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Sad news from the Soap Offcuts company They've stopped selling them because "They were too popular and they couldn't keep up with demand".
I've told them that their full priced bars (Friendly Soap) are too expensive for me and I don't want to pay for packaging so I'll be looking for offcuts from another supplier. Ooh, I'm hard. Big Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, toomanytommytoes, Vinny

toomanytommytoes Offline
Hmm...so what happens to the offcuts now, they just go in the bin? If you can't keep up with demand just sell them until they're all gone then list them as out of stock? Bemusing.

Don't think I'll be buying them full price, the soap is nice but doesn't last as long as other bars I've used.
[-] The following 2 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I've just bought 2 lots of soap offcuts from different suppliers
The first (which hasn't arrived yet) cost £12 a kilo + £3 postage.
The second one (which I found after I'd placed the other order) arrived today 1.9kg cost £12.50 including postage. There are 29 bars of soap and at least 9 varieties. Not individually labelled but there is a list of ingredients for each colour soap - if you can match them! https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174644732494?...SwdGtgL8Rs
Although they're sold as "wedges" you wouldn't really notice the taper on most of them.
Smell nice too!
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Proserpina, Scarlet, Small chilli, toomanytommytoes

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(10-11-2021, 07:38 PM)Veggie Wrote: I've just bought 2 lots of soap offcuts from different suppliers
The second one (which I found after I'd placed the other order) arrived today 1.9kg cost £12.50 including postage. There are 29 bars of soap and at least 9 varieties. Not individually labelled but there is a list of ingredients for each colour soap - if you can match them! https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174644732494?...SwdGtgL8Rs
Although they're sold as "wedges" you wouldn't really notice the taper on most of them.
Smell nice too!
I just ordered some from eBay - thought I'd give it a go
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Me too.
Thanks veggie  Smile
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(10-11-2021, 07:38 PM)Veggie Wrote: I've just bought 2 lots of soap offcuts from different suppliers
Smell nice too!
Have you bought these all to use yourself? Huh I thought maybe pass some on as 'stocking fillers' to family for Crimbo, or is that being mean? Rolleyes 

On a different tack, I buy a lot of scented candles and don't like to throw the remains away or the glass jars. I bought some wicks but could deffo ge into making candles from scratch,I just don't know how to start? Huh
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons