Eco friendly recommendations
JJB Offline
Moonraker
(25-03-2021, 11:52 PM)Veggie Wrote: Before the hot water reaches the tap, I catch the cold water in an old milk container - usually about 2 litres. I use this for the dog's water bowl, the chooks or for watering seedlings. I don't rinse after washing up - even if I should Wink

Always catch the run off in a 6pt old  milk container, like you Veggie,  the water is used to rinse down the sink, watering plants, washing veg, etc.  There is very serious water collection here in the summer months, both run off and grey water.  I can't understand why new housing developments aren't required to have a grey water reuse system and other eco friendly systems.  Maybe they are and I've missed them.
There are several watering cans outside the back door for clean water, old tea and grey water.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Anyone found an eco (or not) way to remove tannin build up from the inside of a metal teapot? Apart from steel wool scrubbing I've failed.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I’ve found the best way is, not to drink tea  Wink . It’s the drink of the devil!!
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Cola is supposed to remove brown stains from toilet bowls - I assume that's stains from hard water, not anything else!!
Cola is another drink of the devil.

or how about Steradent tablets? Another devil's poison I don't need yet!!.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(26-03-2021, 01:21 PM)Small chilli Wrote: I’ve found the best way is, not to drink tea  Wink . It’s the drink of the devil!!

Sacrilege!! You call yourself British and not drink tea?  Big Grin
Seriously though, you're not alone, my lad,  also  my BFF, both abhor the stuff.  Me, it keeps me going......in more ways than one  Smile
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Eyren, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Can't stand tea, either.;P
If you think of the tannin inside your teapot, imagine what your intestines look like. Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(26-03-2021, 01:32 PM)Veggie Wrote: Cola is supposed to remove brown stains from toilet bowls - I assume that's stains from hard water, not anything else!!
Cola is another drink of the devil.

or how about Steradent tablets? Another devil's poison I don't need yet!!.

Good ideas, but no cola here,  horrid stuff.  I'll have to raid the lad's stash.   Denture stuff, well, don't tell anyone but P has some I can nick.  I wonder what the tea will taste like after?
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(26-03-2021, 02:07 PM)Veggie Wrote: Can't stand tea, either.;P
If you think of the tannin inside your teapot, imagine what your intestines look like. Smile

I'm not really sure I want to know what my intestines look like  Sick  colonic irrigation has never appealed.  Smile
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli, Veggie

Bren Offline
(26-03-2021, 01:04 PM)JJB Wrote: Anyone found an eco (or not) way to remove tannin build up from the inside of a metal teapot?  Apart from steel wool scrubbing I've failed.

I use bicarb (Bicarbonate of soda)  it soon cleans  tea  pots,  spoons and flasks.
[-] The following 4 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
(26-03-2021, 01:04 PM)JJB Wrote: Anyone found an eco (or not) way to remove tannin build up from the inside of a metal teapot?  Apart from steel wool scrubbing I've failed.
Try steeping the cups, pots etc in a Milton solution which is used for sterilising baby bottles. My wife uses it to clean cups, etc., it’s also great for cleaning a white Belfast sink.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Can the Man's post:
  • JJB