Which end do you look through? ;)
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Shall I put you out of your misery????
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Moth, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Yes please  Smile
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Moth, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(12-03-2021, 07:37 PM)Veggie Wrote: Shall I put you out of your misery????
Its not me who is miserable! Tongue
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Moth, Veggie

Spec Offline
(12-03-2021, 06:27 PM)Vinny Wrote: You've finally cracked! Rolleyes Tongue

Where does the "finally" come fromConfused Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Spec's post:
  • JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Its simple really and you probably do it anyway.Wink

I looked at a simple chart today that tells you what to do in the garden each month - Sow, Plant, Harvest.
In March, the Harvest is -
Jerusalem Artichokes
Sprouting Broccoli
Brussels sprouts
Winter cabbages
Winter Caulis
Celeriac
Chard
Chicory
Endive
Kale
leeks
Indoor lettuce
Parsnip
Rhubarb
Sorrel
Spinach.

Of those, I've only got Sprouting broccoli, kale, leeks, lettuce and a little chard and spinach.

So, if I want to eat more variety in March (destination) I need to start my journey at the right time of year.
Usually, I get to March and start sowing all sorts of veg with no real destination (time of harvest) in mind. I've been more involved in buying the tickets and starting the journey than making sure that I arrive at the right place at the right time.
Simple, yes???
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Eyren, JJB, Moth, Small chilli, Spec

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(12-03-2021, 07:52 PM)Veggie Wrote: Simple, yes???
No  Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Spec Offline
So you are going to start planning your sowing times, starting from time of harvest from sowing?
If so won't length of daylight and temperature alter harvest time, though if what I have said is right, it's a good idea and would answer what is called the hunger gap
[-] The following 2 users Like Spec's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I'm making a list of the veg that are harvestable each month (that I actually want to eat) and I'm going to make sure that I sow them at the right time during the year.
My aim is to have at least 6 different veg ready to eat every month - not a massive glut in September but a steady supply year round.
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Eyren, JJB, Moth, Small chilli, Vinny

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
(13-03-2021, 12:41 AM)Veggie Wrote: I'm making a list of the veg that are harvestable each month (that I actually want to eat) and I'm going to make sure that I sow them at the right time during the year.
My aim is to have at least 6 different veg ready to eat every month - not a massive glut in September but a steady supply year round.

Great plan! I'm not sure autumn gluts are completely avoidable, nor a "steady supply" completely achievable in our climate - some times of year are just better than others for productivity - but year-round veg is an excellent destination to have in mind.

One of the reasons I do a month-by-month garden plan is to ensure that as little ground lies fallow as possible, but you've inspired me to add a harvest calendar to my spreadsheet Big Grin
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Eyren's post:
  • JJB, Moth, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(13-03-2021, 12:41 AM)Veggie Wrote: I'm making a list of the veg that are harvestable each month (that I actually want to eat) and I'm going to make sure that I sow them at the right time during the year.
Don’t know if I’m more awake now or my tiny dyslexic brain has caught up. But that ^^^ I understand! Like it and think it’s a great idea! I’m planning on doing something similar with my jalapeños. Because I made a bit of a cock up last year and sowed them really late. I was still eating fresh jalapeños in December. I’m going to do that again. All I have to do is work out when I planted them. Don’t suppose you remember? I put it on our fledgling website  Big Grin
[-] The following 5 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Eyren, JJB, Moth, Veggie, Vinny