Which end do you look through? ;)
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(13-03-2021, 08:31 PM)Veggie Wrote: Another nutty idea, hot out of my head!!

Imagine your growing space divided into 12 beds, each one growing the crops you would harvest in a named Month. At the end of the month, you would have eaten everything growing in it and you could clear the bed for the next sowing.

In March for example, it would grow  -
Sprouting Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, Winter cabbages, Winter Caulis
Celeriac, Chard, Chicory, Endive
Kale, Leeks, Parsnip
Sorrel, Spinach.
Indoor lettuce.

Maybe a few of these would be in pots and moved into the GH or dug up and heeled into pots, like the leeks.
Nature doesn't always play by the rules though and rarely will a brassica mature in the month you want it to. Last years Spring Cabbage sown in July the previous year have only recently been cleared and were still producing usable greens. I know where you are coming from but doubt very much it would work. The beds supposedly harvested in December/January would be barren until re-planted.
Here is an idea, have each bed with twelve months of small amounts of the veg you eat. That way a bed would never be empty Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Eyren, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I'm thinking up a new plan now, Vinny.Smile
Based on my observations overwinter of the "beds" that are the last to see the sun/frost to melt, I'm going to have a Winter garden in the best spot and grow the winter veg there.
Is that a sensible idea????
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.