Damping Off / Fungal Issues
Broadway Offline
Hi Folks

I've seen people mention this, do the pots to the right look like they have issues?

Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, Spec

JJB Offline
Moonraker
They look good to me, but there are more knowledgeable folks out there than me. I don't think a crust to the compost is too much of a problem, I I just scarifying it gently. If you're worried try watering with cold camomile tea, people say it has antifungal properties (I'm not really convinced though). If your seedlings were damping off they would likely have collapsed, but they look healthy.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, mcdood, Spec, Veggie

Broadway Offline
(24-02-2021, 11:51 AM)JJB Wrote: They look good to me, but there are more knowledgeable folks out there than me.  I don't think a crust to the compost is too much of a problem, I I just scarifying it gently.  If you're worried try watering with cold camomile tea, people say it has antifungal properties (I'm not really convinced though).  If your seedlings were damping  off they would likely have collapsed, but they look healthy.
Ok thanks Jen probably just paranoid, given my lack of germination so far I don't want what has topping over!
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, mcdood, Spec

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
I've had really bad damping off this year - only three of the eighteen peppers I pricked out survived.
I've noticed that if you gently pushed the seedlings, the ones that were damping off felt soft and loose, whereas healthy ones felt solid and resisted a gentle push. Emphasis on the gentle, too!!
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 5 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Spec, Veggie, Vinny