Dieting
Bren Offline
Congrats Vinny you're on your way to your target. Smile

Its a good feeling isn't it, I lost 3st about 20 years ago then another 1/2 stone when I had gall stones but my weight usually keeps stable.

I suppose I'm lucky that I don't like Chocolate.
[-] The following 4 users Like Bren's post:
  • Broadway, Moth, Veggie, Vinny

Moth Offline
Chissit No-digger
And I was feeling chuffed 'cos I've lost another half pound.

Very well done Vinny. That's amazing. It's impressive that you are finding the OMAD way so easy too.
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished  – Lao Tzu
[-] The following 2 users Like Moth's post:
  • Bren, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Just finished my OMAD for today which was Cod Loin and veg and very nice it was too. Smile For a while I have been toying with the idea of a 48 hour fast to see if I could do it.Supposedly once in a while it is a good idea so it may as well be now. Cool

I am full now and only planned to eat an omelette and broccoli for tomorrow, but I have a leg of lamb for Sunday dinner, so what better time to do a two day fast with a leg of lamb and all the trimmings to end it?

I'll let you know how I get on, and whether I bottle it or not. Rolleyes
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Moth

Vinny Offline
(08-03-2021, 10:51 AM)Bren Wrote: Congrats Vinny you're on your way to your target. Smile 

Its a good feeling isn't it, I lost 3st about 20 years ago then another 1/2 stone when I had gall stones but  my weight usually  keeps  stable.

I suppose I'm lucky that I don't like Chocolate.
They were certainly heavy gallstones! Cry
  • Bren, Broadway, Veggie

Bren Offline
Vinny they never did show my gall stones not that I wanted to see them anyway  but I've heard of people keeping them in jars   Confused   who'd want to do that.

With gall stones  I was limited what I could eat and keep down,   I lost 6lb in 4 days   Sick   not a good time for me.   Reading my previous post  I'd missed typed it was 1 and a half stone  Sad  not a 1/2 I lost those few months waiting for the opp.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Evening all.

I'm on about 28 hours now without food and aiming for 48 hours. CoolI am fine up til now but my stomach is making strange noises.After reading up on 48 hour fasts it is best to have a light meal a couple of hours before your main meal to break your fast.I  have decided after the 48 hours to have a single scrambled egg on toast then two hours later have my my main meal, a leg of lamb Sunday dinner with all the trimmings except potato mash. Big Grin
Chuffed to bits that my willpower has lasted out and back to OMAD after tomorrow. Smile
  • Broadway, JJB, Moth

Vinny Offline
(13-03-2021, 06:58 PM)Bren Wrote: Vinny they never did show my gall stones not that I wanted to see them anyway  but I've heard of people keeping them in jars   Confused   who'd want to do that.

With gall stones  I was limited what I could eat and keep down,   I lost 6lb in 4 days   Sick   not a good time for me.   Reading my previous post  I'd missed typed it was 1 and a half stone  Sad  not a 1/2 I lost those few months waiting for the opp.
Apparently, when they were checking for Kidney stones (which I have) they found I had a huge gallstone. After some tests it was deemed best to just  leave it alone as it was giving me no grief and my gall bladder was fully functional, which I was really pleased about. Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, JJB, Moth

Vinny Offline
Just an update from me. Its nearly a month since I started OMAD diiet and I think it is going to be a diet for life. Down to 14 stone 9 lbs from a 16.5 stone start.Its given me my Mojo back and I feel fit and healthy. Even my Osteo Arthritis has backed right off because I am carrying less weight. Well on target to my fighting weight of 14 stone (Cruiserweight) and I have a Full English to look forward to later today. Cool When I have my 'one meal' I savour it and I eat a lot less as my stomach has shrunk outwardly and inwardly. Rolleyes
[-] The following 10 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Eyren, JJB, mcdood, Moth, PyreneesPlot, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Well done Vinny, you're a mere shadow of your former self.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Vinny

Vinny Offline
At weigh in this morning I thought I would have hit my target weight...........but it wasn't to be! Angry

Still 4 lb short of my target so I will have to wait until next Sunday! Rolleyes

Of all the things I am looking forward to once I hit target weight is a baked potato with a massive dollop of butter! Cool I can have butter now, but it's not the same without being encased in a baked potato. Rolleyes
[-] The following 5 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, JJB, Moth, Scarlet