Dieting
JJB Offline
Moonraker
(03-10-2021, 12:09 PM)Moth Wrote: If you don't buy it, you can't eat it Big GrinBig Grin
A 45g bar of milk chocolate is 240 calories - a meal!

I'm not sure I needed reminding of that Moth Smile........or then again maybe I did.  Its time to get the calorie counting books out again Cry  they must be 20+ yrs old but they come out at least once a year.
PS my choccy bar is 200g! A banquet.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I've just eaten a Penguin (the chocolate biscuit kindWink) = 130 calories.
I've just opened another one while I typed this. Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Norfolk Grey, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
P p p pick up a penguin. The exercise will work off the calories,
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
As a kid, I remember asking my Dad if he's heard what had happened at Bristol Zoo? That some yobs had picked up a penguin and thrown it to the lions.
He went crazy, going on about youngsters today etc etc..................
He went even more crazy when I said "It was alright, though, they'd taken the silver paper off first".

For years afterwards, I'd remind him of the penguin story, just to wind him up again. Big Grin
[-] The following 6 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Mark_Riga, Moth, Norfolk Grey, Spec, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(03-10-2021, 10:33 AM)Veggie Wrote: Well done Vinny for sticking to your diet. You have far more willpower than most of us. Smile
I don't look on it as a diet veggie, it's just become a way of life.Its regimented i.e I have the same stuff to eat every week for every weekday but it gives me a seven day break from eating the same stuff again. I enjoy cooking. so the cooking of the OMAD is as enjoyable as the eating of it. Cool Its not as boring as it sounds because each day I have a base element which can be cooked in loads of different ways and with various additions.
Many years ago I was like you in that I enjoyed a glass of red wine in the evening. The problem was it turned into a bottle of red wine every evening and acute kidney pains during the day. Cry At first I didn't associate the two but when I realised I had a problem I stopped drinking alcohol completely Rolleyes .
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Moth Offline
Chissit No-digger
(03-10-2021, 03:58 PM)JJB Wrote: ...I'm not sure I needed reminding of that Moth Smile........or then again maybe I did.  Its time to get the calorie counting books out again Cry  they must be 20+ yrs old but they come out at least once a year.
PS my choccy bar is 200g! A banquet.

I don't actually count calories, I've just stopped eating stuff that contains lots of calories - potatoes, bread, cake, biscuits, confectionery, and so on, and I don't drink alcohol at all. I do have a splash of single cream on Sunday desserts, otherwise it wouldn't be Sunday.  Smile

A lot of what I ate, like VC's evening glass of wine, was more habit than anything else, so I've changed my habits for the better.
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished  – Lao Tzu
[-] The following 3 users Like Moth's post:
  • JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I just eat whatever I fancy - be it fatty, starchy, sugary etc...........but, I don't eat meat and haven't for about 30 years so that knocks a lot of food off the menu. I drink coffee black, no milk or sugar and dislike sugary drinks - too sweet. A bar of chocolate isn't, though .Big Grin

For Vinny - a "diet" doesn't always mean a "slimming" diet - its what you eat to survive on, so Vinny's OMAD, mine is meat-free (not vegetarian!) and so on.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Moth, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Mine's just unhealthy with lots of veg to counterbalance Smile
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Moth, Veggie, Vinny

Bren Online
My weight seems to stay about the same so long as I exercise/walk but that's probably down to me not liking chocolate, cream or anything to sweet.
Do like pies, carrot cakes, scones and nuts though. Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny