I have an idea!
Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Yep, baited traps. My traps get baited with tomatoes in the summer.I get mice on mine but often see shrews dawdling around and the last month my pots on the floor have been upturned by mole hills. I get rats too ;(
[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Mark_Riga

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Instead of putting pots on pots, could you put the plant in a "cage" inside something like a ?compost bag that a vole couldn't get a grip on to climb up to the chillies?
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Scarlet, Small chilli, Vinny

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
^^^ I've got my sweet peas sat inside a huge cardboard box that's 3/4 filled with plant pots.
It's worked so far.

We lost my sons gerbil once...I could hear him but every time I went in the room I couldn't decipher where the noise was coming from.

Eventually the worst thing happened - the smell! I found that he had climbed up the chimney wall and fallen into a very tall glass vase that was wedged in the corner. He couldn't climb out as the sides were too slippery. Sad
[-] The following 4 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(12-02-2021, 10:23 PM)Veggie Wrote: Instead of putting pots on pots, could you put the plant in a "cage"  inside something  like a ?compost bag that a vole couldn't get a grip on to climb up to the chillies?
I’m surprised they can get in the pots anyway. Because none of them are shorter than MFB. I don’t have enough cage material/ compost bags for 40+ chillies. Embarrassingly I’ve got a of pots.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB