Reusing a dove cote
Jimny14 Offline
So today I got round to adjusting a dove cote which is past it's best from my parents house which they dont want any more. I originally thought I could put it up at our house with a bit of a fettle. Unfortunately I never got round to it so instead I have repurposed it in to a hedgehog hotel.

Before

Chopped in half with bed box lid chopped (I've boarded up all but one entrance and the hole in the bottom

Tunnel 

Pushed in to place (another board was added yo close gap at top)

In position with top back on to give heavy top, a bit of insulation and good area for extra air to come in. 

[-] The following 6 users Like Jimny14's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Can the Man, Eyren, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Well done, Jimny! Let us know when you have the first tenants in your 5* hotel. Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Jimny14

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
Very nice!
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Can the Man, Jimny14

Vinny Online
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
I've always fancied a dovecote for the garden. We have the more common grey doves after the bird food all the time, but no white ones. Sick
I remember looking into buying some white doves and was surprised how expensive they were. Cry

Another project that never got off the ground. Rolleyes I hope your hedgehog house gets an occupant soon Jimmy.  Cool
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, Jimny14, Veggie

Bren Offline
That’s a fine house Jimmy, Hedgehogs will be queuing up to move in. We have one in-our garden I think it sometimes makes a home in one of the old chimney pots.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, Jimny14