Dried beans cooking lessons
Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I feel I’m a little over excited about dried beans  Big Grin . 

They’re not going to last very long. But I’m pleased with my first attempt. Especially as the plants were pretty much neglected from start to finish.

Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Scarlet, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I'm "talking" to solicitors as we speak. They keep sending me forms to complete and its doing me 'ed in trying to complete them online!!

I agree about sorting being fun - I'm thinking of making seed packets from old calendars for the seed swap.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(14-10-2021, 11:16 AM)Small chilli Wrote: I feel I’m a little over excited about dried beans  Big Grin . 

They’re not going to last very long. But I’m pleased with my first attempt. Especially as the plants were pretty much neglected from start to finish.

I recognise some of Scarlet's mystery beans in there SC.  Scarlet really has a lot to answer for.  The joy of growing beans for drying is the plant and forget aspect, isn't it , I get your excitement too  Wink  when I've shelled all mine I'll send a pic  Big Grin
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Broadway Online
I ended up putting the beans in the dehydrator last night, a few have split, is that an issue?
Regards..........Danny Smile

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(14-10-2021, 02:43 PM)JJB Wrote:
(14-10-2021, 11:16 AM)Small chilli Wrote: I feel I’m a little over excited about dried beans  Big Grin . 

I recognise some of Scarlet's mystery beans in there SC.  Scarlet really has a lot to answer for.  The joy of growing beans for drying is the plant and forget aspect, isn't it , I get your excitement too  Wink  when I've shelled all mine I'll send a pic  Big Grin
Plant leave and forget is what I really like. A fab crop at the end of the season with little time spent on them and lots of meals/uses.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
(19-10-2021, 06:02 PM)Broadway Wrote: I ended up putting the beans in the dehydrator last night, a few have split, is that an issue?

Only an issue I would have thought if you want to sow them next year.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Broadway, JJB

Broadway Online
(20-10-2021, 05:39 PM)Mark_Riga Wrote:
(19-10-2021, 06:02 PM)Broadway Wrote: I ended up putting the beans in the dehydrator last night, a few have split, is that an issue?

Only an issue I would have thought if you want to sow them next year.
Thanks Mark I've searched elsewhere and they look ok for consumption Smile
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • JJB