Vaccine roll out.
Mamzie Offline
On top of a South Wales Mountain
This may be a sensitive topic. 

I was very surprised to have our GP contact me today. I have been given an appointment for getting my vaccine next week at our GPs - I am  happy. I am CEV Shielding group in Wales, and didn't think we had even rolled out to our group yet.

I have been so aware of my own mortality the last year, this feels like there is light at the end of the tunnel finally.
Gardeners Spring Recipe - 1 part soil, 2 parts water, 3 parts wishful thinking ...  
[-] The following 9 users Like Mamzie's post:
  • Can the Man, Eyren, Jay, JJB, Proserpina, PyreneesPlot, Spec, Veggie, Vinny

Broadway Offline
Good on you MamzieSmileSmile
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 5 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Mamzie, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Very pleased for you, Mamzie.x
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Mamzie, Vinny

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Each area is very different depending on what availability they have - I believe Wales has a different criteria?
My cousin who has breathing issues had it the first few days in January and my sister in law who works as a physio/ rehab for the elderly and who also does overtime on the ambulance ( her love!) had hers a few days later.
The roll out makes no difference really until the majority have been vaccinated- and if you are isolated it should be very difficult to catch? I've only gone out further than the garden to walk the dog. Both my boys got tested before they came home for Christmas. So I've never thought I was at risk.
[-] The following 5 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Jay, JJB, Mamzie, Veggie, Vinny

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
Very pleased for you Mamzie
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 2 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Mamzie Offline
It's my lungs and low sats that I think added me to Shielding list, as it was my respiratory consultant that contacted me first by phone. My biggest risk are my teens. They are both in Sixth form, I can't take that from them. So although I stay home there is always the chance it could transmit that way. I had seen England were expanding to vaccinate other groups, but I thought Wales were still on the 85&80+ group, so this was a welcome surprise.

Very sadly our area has lost quite a few people to it especially the last 6 weeks. Rates were scarily high around us. My parents neighbours husband and wife, passed within 24 hrs of each other 200 yds from us. My stepkids uncle passed Christmas Eve, their Aunt was admitted last weekend to fight it. My cousin died day after boxing day, a friends husband stayed home until they took him in day 11 a week ago, but now has pneumonia plus Covid.

I have not felt safe for months. I think since Dr Pynn one of my consultants rang me March to spell things out to me about Shielding, I had very little chance of ICU, my lungs would not be suitable for a vent.. My last day of uncaring freedom was the Cardiff Seed Swap, where I got to meet up with Veggie.
Gardeners Spring Recipe - 1 part soil, 2 parts water, 3 parts wishful thinking ...  
[-] The following 4 users Like Mamzie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Spec Offline
Mamzie I do hope everything finishes up fine for you, but meeting Veggie must be a highlight for you so doing it again is something to look forward toSmile
[-] The following 4 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, Mamzie, Veggie

Mamzie Offline
It was indeed ☺️
[-] The following 3 users Like Mamzie's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie, Vinny

Bren Offline
It must be such a worry for you Mamzie xx
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • Mamzie, Veggie, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
That's good news Mamzie, with some immunity comes a lot of stress relief. Hope all goes well. Our over 80 neighbours got theirs yesterday.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Mamzie, Veggie, Vinny