Vaccine roll out.
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Are you a heavy breather, Spec? Smile
My sneezes register on the Richter scale!!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Spec, a like 'sneezing' person,nice to find another one. I get told to shut up mid sneezing, I don't take any notice though, I enjoy a good sneeze, but not in public.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(12-02-2021, 04:15 PM)Veggie Wrote: My sneezes register on the Richter scale!!

That was you I heard the other day then?
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Eyren, Veggie

Spec Offline
(12-02-2021, 04:15 PM)Veggie Wrote: Are you a heavy breather, Spec? Smile

On certain occasions Smile
Just saw an advert on TV where someone who was wearing a cardigan sneezing into their elbows, not something I would like to do even if I was able to where as a handkerchief is far betterBig GrinBig Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spec's post:
  • Veggie

Bren Offline
They're doing community testing for Covid in our village luckily we both tested negative this morning Smile and were asked to come weekly while the facility is open.
We went 2 hours after it had opened expecting to see queues but there was only us 2 and one other person getting tested.
Very odd I thought.
[-] The following 4 users Like Bren's post:
  • Broadway, Jay, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(12-02-2021, 05:22 PM)Spec Wrote:

On certain occasions Smile
Just saw an advert on TV where someone who was wearing a cardigan sneezing into their elbows, not something I would like to do even if I was able to where as a handkerchief is far betterBig GrinBig Grin
 Silver sleeve!!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Scarlet

Broadway Offline
(12-02-2021, 05:27 PM)Bren Wrote: They're doing  community testing for Covid in our village luckily  we both tested negative this morning Smile  and were asked to come weekly while the facility is open. 
We went 2 hours after it had opened  expecting to see queues but there was only us 2 and one other person getting tested. 
Very odd I thought.
That was a quick result BrenSmile
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • Bren

Jimny14 Offline
(12-02-2021, 06:20 PM)Broadway Wrote:
(12-02-2021, 05:27 PM)Bren Wrote: They're doing  community testing for Covid in our village luckily  we both tested negative this morning Smile  and were asked to come weekly while the facility is open. 
We went 2 hours after it had opened  expecting to see queues but there was only us 2 and one other person getting tested. 
Very odd I thought.
That was a quick result BrenSmile

Guessing they're doing lateral flow testing, gets a result in about 30 mins. They're not as accurate as PCR testing and if you test positive on lateral flow you go forward to have a PCR then self isolate until the result of PCR.
[-] The following 3 users Like Jimny14's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Veggie

Bren Offline
(12-02-2021, 06:44 PM)Jimny14 Wrote:
(12-02-2021, 06:20 PM)Broadway Wrote:
Very odd I thought.
That was a quick result Bren Smile

Guessing they're doing lateral flow testing, gets a result in about 30 mins. They're not as accurate as PCR testing and if you test positive on lateral flow you go forward to have a PCR then self isolate until the result of PCR.

Yep that's the test we had then the text arrived 35mins after.    The testing centre is for those who don't have symptoms this is what the council website says.

"Our community testing programme offers regular testing to those who are at most risk of passing on the virus, which is those who are still going out to work and spend time with colleagues or the public"
[-] The following 5 users Like Bren's post:
  • Broadway, Jay, Jimny14, Scarlet, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
My sneezes register on the Richter scale!!
OMG! It must be a Welsh thing! My OH does taht - it's embarrassing if he does it in the swimming pool - people stop and wonder what is going on ;D

My German sil says "ah chee" when she sneezes so we have been conditioned to shout a word Big Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Bren, Jay, JJB, Veggie