Vaccine roll out.
PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
(27-03-2021, 12:39 AM)Veggie Wrote: Worth asking about the next jab, PP.

(27-03-2021, 02:28 PM)Jay Wrote: Yes I would chase that up PP, my mother in law got her 2nd jab this morning...8 weeks since 1st.

I gave her a nudge and she has nudged the surgery - she's in for jab 2 next week. Phew! 
(They had called her on her mobile, but to be honest she doesn't get along with it at all so had missed the calls.)
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 6 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Scarlet, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Mr PP and I had our first vaccination this morning - quite a long but slick process at the local Vaccination Centre in town.
We arrived and were checked in (we had booked rdv on line) and then waited to be seen by a Dr who took temperature, blood saturation levels and blood pressure, and discussed allergies and possible side effects. Then off to the next waiting area before being called for the jab (pfizer biontech), and then off to a final waiting area for fifteen minutes. All in all it took exactly an hour. Hopefully V2 will be a bit quicker.

[-] The following 6 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Moth, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
PP we don't see a doctor - the nurse runs through a checklist of questions - allergies, medications, current health, etc, tells you what side effects to expect and gives you a leaflet about them, then the jab and a 15 minute sit down. I had Pfizer too.
Took about 20 minutes in total for my 2nd one as there was no queue and I went straight in. i was out before the time of my appointment!!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Eyren, Jay, JJB, PyreneesPlot

Broadway Offline
Just had my 2nd.
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 8 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, Eyren, Jay, Moth, Proserpina, PyreneesPlot, Scarlet, Veggie

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
Same here, Veggie - except I didn't need to wait 15 minutes, as my husband drove me to the appointment, which was at our local shopping centre. I had plenty of time to pick up a coffee from the Costa franchise on the way back to the car - the girls there were very bored, as they'd only just reopened and most of the shops were still shut, so their only customers were people like me on their way to/from the vaccination centre!
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 5 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Jay, Moth, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
My brother had his 2nd jab at the weekend, same MVC in Splott. I asked him how he'd got on and he said it was a bit disappointing!!
Trying to sound concerned, I asked why.........
He said he saw all the lovely young nurses there and wondered which one would give his jab. - then this burly Army medic came for him and marched him off to a cubicle!!
Dream over.Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 11 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Admin, Bren, Broadway, Can the Man, Eyren, Greenfingers, JJB, Moth, Proserpina, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
(01-04-2021, 04:00 PM)PyreneesPlot Wrote:
(27-03-2021, 12:39 AM)Veggie Wrote: Worth asking about the next jab, PP.

(27-03-2021, 02:28 PM)Jay Wrote: Yes I would chase that up PP, my mother in law got her 2nd jab this morning...8 weeks since 1st.

I gave her a nudge and she has nudged the surgery - she's in for jab 2 next week. Phew! 
(They had called her on her mobile, but to be honest she doesn't get along with it at all so had missed the calls.)

My mum had jab 2 today - she could have had it last week but she had planned to do something else more interesting that day. Grrrrr. I was quite cross with her when I heard, but glad it's done now!

[-] The following 4 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Moth, Veggie

Mamzie Offline
On top of a South Wales Mountain
My 19 year old was booked in for her vaccine Oxford for next week, which she now isn't allowed (unpaid carer and in household of CEV). Luckily the Vaccine helpline was fab at contacting us and quickly arranged for both my teens to go Sunday for Pfizer. However we were were lucky enough to have a phone call to ask could they attend today, so they have had their first jab now before sixth form next week.
Gardeners Spring Recipe - 1 part soil, 2 parts water, 3 parts wishful thinking ...  
[-] The following 8 users Like Mamzie's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Can the Man, Mark_Riga, Moth, PyreneesPlot, Scarlet, Veggie

Broadway Offline
My saint of a wife had her 2nd todaySmile
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, PyreneesPlot, Scarlet, Veggie

Spec Offline
^^^^^ is this another forum member who let's their OH read the forum postsSmile Smile
[-] The following 8 users Like Spec's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, mcdood, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie