Vaccine roll out.
Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
(23-02-2021, 04:14 PM)JJB Wrote: I had mine on Friday last. The AZ one, I felt shivery, hot and cold that evening and felt a bit fragile the next day. OH had Pfizer and no side effects at all. The after effects would not put me off having either vaccine. I'm all in favour of the herd immunity that hopefully the vaccine will give us.

Anecdotally, I've heard a lot of people say that the second dose can be a bit worse than the first (though obviously still vastly better than COVID itself!) so maybe don't plan anything for a couple of days after dose two! I've also heard it can be a bit rough getting either dose after having had COVID, which is why I am just getting round to booking mine now. Turns out I can't have it in work anymore and will have to spend half a day travelling across the city to get it done. I wouldn't mind (and am extremely glad to be getting a vaccine as I definitely don't want to catch it again if I can help it), but I'm still struggling a bit with my recovery and could do without using half a day-off for something I expected to get in work.
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 4 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • JJB, Spec, Veggie, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(23-02-2021, 07:07 PM)Proserpina Wrote:
(23-02-2021, 04:14 PM)JJB Wrote: I had mine on Friday last.  The AZ one, I felt shivery, hot and cold that evening and felt a bit fragile the next day.  OH had Pfizer and no side effects at all.  The after effects would not put me off having either vaccine.  I'm all in favour of the herd immunity that hopefully the vaccine will give us.

Anecdotally, I've heard a lot of people say that the second dose can be a bit worse than the first (though obviously still vastly better than COVID itself!) so maybe don't plan anything for a couple of days after dose two! I've also heard it can be a bit rough getting either dose after having had COVID, which is why I am just getting round to booking mine now. Turns out I can't have it in work anymore and will have to spend half a day travelling across the city to get it done. I wouldn't mind (and am extremely glad to be getting a vaccine as I definitely don't want to catch it again if I can help it), but I'm still struggling a bit with my recovery and could do without using half a day-off for something I expected to get in work.

Thanks for the heads up about the second dose, Proserpina,  I'll bear it in mind when I get it in May.  I'll also tell a couple I know nearby who had their first AZ at the same time as I.  I share your outrage at having to outsource your vaccine.  We should be looking after you and your colleagues much better.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 5 users Like JJB's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Jay, Proserpina, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I'm booked for my 2nd Pfizer on Sunday - Better start rearranging my busy calendar for next week just in case..............that'll be Sow seeds on Thursday, not Monday. Sorted!!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 8 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Eyren, Jay, JJB, mcdood, Scarlet, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Me and the missus have just been and had our first jab. Cool
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 10 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Eyren, Jay, JJB, mcdood, Moth, Proserpina, Scarlet, Veggie

Moth Offline
Chissit No-digger
(24-02-2021, 10:33 AM)Veggie Wrote: I'm booked for my 2nd Pfizer on Sunday - Better start rearranging my busy calendar for next week just in case..............that'll be Sow seeds on Thursday, not Monday. Sorted!!

So you're getting your second in just 4 weeks. That's great! Well done Wales!
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished  – Lao Tzu
[-] The following 1 user Likes Moth's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I've been to sunny Splott for my 2nd Jab. Nurse Betty said that I might feel a bit more tired after this one..............yawn!!
She suggested that I take a snap of my Vaccination card on my phone as people are losing their cards (even after the first jab) so its good to have a copy of it somewhere where you won't lose it!!. Just have to remember where my phone is.Wink
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Jay, mcdood, Scarlet

Spec Offline
In this area there are no cards issued, evedently they know we are able to remember getting the jabRolleyes
[-] The following 2 users Like Spec's post:
  • Broadway, Jay

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
How odd! Mine records the Vaccine, Batch number and where and when it was given.
Are you sure you haven't lost yours already, Spec?? Tongue
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Jay

Spec Offline
Not at all I know there were none issued, my neighbour didn't get a card either Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spec's post:
  • Jay

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scott...b-23132371
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli, Spec