Vegetarian and vegan recipes
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I've used butternut squash in a risotto - like that one. with some slivers of cheese (sometimes blue stilton) sliced on top.
I like the squash to be crispy, like a roast potato.
Thanks for reminding to buy some risotto rice. Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Here's one I tried today! Big Grin

https://www.yummly.co.uk/recipe/Meatless...directions.
and
I may adopt the meatless Monday in future as I already have Tuna Tuesday and fishy Friday (I blame veggie!)
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Here's another culinary triumph,using what I had in the fridge, served straight from the pan as it said! (Saves on the washing up)Cool I had a bowl of Mediteranean Quinola with it.

https://www.egginfo.co.uk/recipes/sweet-...h-omelette

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 4 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(21-10-2021, 01:42 PM)Vinny Wrote: Here's one I tried today! Big Grin

https://www.yummly.co.uk/recipe/Meatless...directions.
and
I may adopt the meatless Monday in future as I already have Tuna Tuesday and fishy Friday (I blame veggie!)
Weggie Wednesday, Thirsty Thursday, Sarnie Saturday and Sumptous Sunday. Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Vinny

Vinny Offline
I'll have you know thats TWO days this week I have had veggie days Meatless Monday and Underpay Thursday! Big Grin

Fishy Friday tomoz so looking forward to some battered Calamaeri with mini spuds from the bottom of the fridge  (I think squid is actually a mollusk but who cares ) Huh
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I raided the cupboard tonight - green lentils (June 2020) a jar of Balti curry sauce and some two colour Quinoa grown in the UK. Threw in some homegrown tomatoes and it was really nice. Probably have enough for a week of leftovers - but I'm going to box it up into ready meal size portions and freeze them.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, SarrissUK, Small chilli, Vinny

Vinny Offline
(19-11-2021, 12:02 AM)Veggie Wrote: I raided the cupboard tonight - green lentils (June 2020) a jar of Balti curry sauce and some two colour Quinoa grown in the UK.  Threw in some homegrown tomatoes and it was really nice. Probably have enough for a week of leftovers - but I'm going to box it up into ready meal size portions and freeze them.
My freezer is full of remains of meals I have made that I have boxed up and froze. The problem is I can't remember what I have frozen and as the labels are on the top of the containers (silly me I should have stuck em on the sides) I have to take them out to see what their is. Rolleyes
I need an itemised list to stick on the freezer door so I can tick off items used? Or God forbid, a spreadsheet, no scratch that remark, sorry for swearing! Big Grin

I could use a wipeboard but knowing me I would bump into it and obliterate a weeks worth of sorting out! Rolleyes
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Don't fret about what's in the boxes, just pull a couple out and eat them - random meals. I try to keep all the curry type meals together and the Chinese type meals in another tray, and pull out a few at a time and have a mixed plate of leftovers, I always cook extra rice and potatoes (for mash) for the freezer so that I have them ready to bulk up a random leftover meal.
Leftover veg and the stock from cooking veg are also frozen, then thrown into a big pan and turned into "soup".
As you can guess, I don't label much. Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Not underpay Thursday - Thrifty Thursday .......ta dah!
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
(19-11-2021, 10:30 AM)JJB Wrote: Not underpay Thursday - Thrifty Thursday .......ta dah!
Very good JJB, I like that. Cool I've just about got the week cracked but need some more catchphrases! Big Grin

Up to now then I have Meatless Monday, Tuna Tuesday,Thrifty Thurday,Fishy Friday. I always have a Full English all day Breakfast on Saturday, and a roast  summat on Sunday and Wednesday is usually Medium rare steak day!
So that's Wed,Sat & Sunday I need names for? Huh