Time for a step back for the future
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I use Flower buckets from Morrisons/Lidl. They're plastic but sold cheap/given away so I'm saving them from the waste heap.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
(01-02-2021, 04:42 PM)Veggie Wrote: I use Flower buckets from Morrisons/Lidl. They're plastic but sold cheap/given away so I'm saving them from the waste heap.

I don't think we have either of those nearby - there might be a Lidl on the other side of Cambridge but I've never been there. I'm wondering if galvanised steel buckets would be a good option? I've seen 9-litre ones online for a fiver each, which would be a lot cheaper and lighter than the equivalent sized ceramic pot, and easy enough to make a few drainage holes in the bottom (and paint them to match my conservatory!).
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
I was clearing out some stuff in the garage over the weekend when I found an old golf bag which I promptly brought out to my poly tunnel to house all my bamboo canes. It’s perfect for this so keep an eye out in the charity shops or the car boot sales and pick one up.

This is what it looks like 

Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 4 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Broadway, mcdood, Spec, Veggie