2021 - How's your weather today?
Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
Everywhere was flooded here this morning. 2 to 3 inches water on the patio. The little birds that used to flit about it looking for insects were all on the hedge and table waiting for their breakfast. Puddles all over the garden and garden paths. A big puddle in the big greenhouse which I have never seen before.
The patio has cleared now but the garden will take a bit longer. I'm in the process of emptying all the water butts as more rain forecast for Saturday. This will hopefully stop the rain off the roofs filling up the soakaway I dug 40 years ago now.
Not sure what to do about the greenhouse. Might rough dig it over when the puddle has gone to help with drainage and make sure its water butts don't overflow again.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
The drizzle stopped about 4ish and we had a little bit of weak sunshine. Inspired me to get some compost from the shed, check over the gh and sow seeds.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Dare I say it - its been sunshiny most of the day!!
Spent the afternoon pulling montbretia to feed Mr Greedy.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

Spec Offline
Heavy rain this morning then turned showery but by 2 the rain was off so went a walk though mucky on top still solid ice underneath
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spec's post:
  • JJB

Broadway Offline
Some pics from yesterday.....

Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Admin, JJB, Mark_Riga, Veggie

Bren Offline
Nice photos Danny Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bren's post:
  • Broadway

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Great pics Danny, just googling Shireoaks and see you live in a beautiful part of the country. P says you can't go wrong with railways, canals and traction engines. Funnily he didn't mention allotments. Smile
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, Veggie

Broadway Offline
(15-01-2021, 10:52 AM)JJB Wrote: Great pics Danny, just googling Shireoaks and see you live in a beautiful part of the country. P says you can't go wrong with railways, canals and traction engines.  Funnily he didn't mention allotments. Smile
Thanks Jen

It's a long way from Tottenham where I grew upSmile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
The weather in Salisbury today is dry and overcast with a damp feel and the promise of a glimmer of brightness if not sun. Very soggy underfoot.
Greetings from Salisbury

Broadway Offline
(15-01-2021, 12:03 PM)JJB Wrote: The weather in Salisbury today is dry and overcast with a damp feel and the promise of a glimmer of brightness if not sun.  Very soggy underfoot.
Very similar plus a lot of white stuff on the ground