Ideas for series to watch on telly?
Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
The wife and I started watching a tv series called The Pact, highly recommend it. It’s based in Wales in the Evans Brewery where the son has taken over the business from his father and he is the typical coke snorting pompous asshole who treats everyone like dirt. Enough said go watch it.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 2 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Broadway, JJB

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
Just finished watching an 8 episode series called the Staircase, it’s based on a true story. Colin Firth plays the lead role of a man accused of murdering his wife. Very good series but you need to focus a lot because they keep jumps backwards and forwards in time. Highly recommended from me and Mrs CtM :-)
[-] The following 2 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Broadway, JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(12-05-2022, 07:39 PM)Can the Man Wrote: The wife and I started watching a tv series called The Pact, highly recommend it. It’s based in Wales in the Evans Brewery where the son has taken over the business from his father and he is the typical coke snorting pompous asshole who treats everyone like dirt. Enough said go watch it.

Enjoyed that one.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Dunno whether this has already benn mentioned but I recently finished watching all series of The Umbrella Academy. Cool I really enjoyed it, especially the part the junkie played. I think it was a comedy, if not I treated it as such. Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB

Broadway Offline
(08-07-2022, 08:46 AM)JJB Wrote:
(12-05-2022, 07:39 PM)Can the Man Wrote: The wife and I started watching a tv series called The Pact, highly recommend it. It’s based in Wales in the Evans Brewery where the son has taken over the business from his father and he is the typical coke snorting pompous asshole who treats everyone like dirt. Enough said go watch it.

Enjoyed that one.
Likewise
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man

Broadway Offline
(08-07-2022, 09:31 AM)Vinny Wrote: Dunno whether this has already benn mentioned but I recently finished watching all series of The Umbrella Academy. Cool I really enjoyed it, especially the part the junkie played. I think it was a comedy, if not I treated it as such. Big Grin
Yup just finished season 3
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
I am at present watching The Christmas Lectures on IPlayer. Highly recommended if you are interested in forensics, or even if you aren't it's still a good watch! Cool Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(01-01-2023, 07:09 PM)Vinny Wrote: I am at present watching The Christmas Lectures on IPlayer. Highly recommended if you are interested in forensics, or even if you aren't it's still a good watch! Cool Big Grin

Agreed. They were superb, I thought Professor Sue Black was brilliant.  Real life CSI
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
P and I have just finished the documentary about the sinking of the Estonia in 1994 and the subsequent aftermath, called, wait for it.....Estonia. Joking apart I was riveted and would recommend it.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Vinny

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
I recorded over the Christmas ‘the thief, his wife and the canoe’. There were 4 episodes and we watched then over last weekend. It’s based on a true story of deceit and fraud. Well worth watching if you can find it on a catch up or playback.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Can the Man's post:
  • Veggie