Ideas for series to watch on telly?
Broadway Online
Forgot to mention Bump
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man

Spec Offline
(24-10-2021, 02:18 PM)MartinH Wrote: I'm currently watching "Foundation" - a made for tv series based loosely on the Asimov books, currently showing on Apple+.

Let me know if it's good or not Martin, I really liked the books
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spec's post:
  • Can the Man

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
I have watched four episodes of Squid Game and have come to the conclusion its utter rubbish and won't be watching it any more Its just not my cup of tea! Rolleyes
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

MartinH Offline
(24-10-2021, 05:18 PM)Spec Wrote:
(24-10-2021, 02:18 PM)MartinH Wrote: I'm currently watching "Foundation" - a made for tv series based loosely on the Asimov books, currently showing on Apple+.

Let me know if it's good or not Martin, I really liked the books
I'm 6 episodes in and still watching, so can't be all that bad. In fact I find myself waiting for the next episode to come out so that I can see what happens next.

It's only loosely based on the books. There's Hari Seldon predicting collapse of the Empire, making a plan to reduce the interregnum and being exiled to Terminus, sure.
But I don't remember any love interest in the books. Indeed there was a shortage of women, I'm sure Gaal Dornick and Salvor Hardin were both men in the books.

There's some blurb abiout it on the BBC website, here: https://www.bbc.com/culture/article/2021...ur-screens
[-] The following 2 users Like MartinH's post:
  • Can the Man, Spec

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(24-10-2021, 05:54 PM)Vinny Wrote: I have watched four episodes of Squid Game and have come to the conclusion its utter rubbish and won't be watching it any more Its just not my cup of tea! Rolleyes
It is rubbish but, towards the end I found myself getting into the characters and the final episode has an interesting twist Wink
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Spec

Spec Offline
(24-10-2021, 06:59 PM)MartinH Wrote:
(24-10-2021, 05:18 PM)Spec Wrote: Let me know if it's good or not Martin, I really liked the books
I'm 6 episodes in and still watching, so can't be all that bad. In fact I find myself waiting for the next episode to come out so that I can see what happens next.

It's only loosely based on the books. There's Hari Seldon predicting collapse of the Empire, making a plan to reduce the interregnum and being exiled to Terminus, sure.
But I don't remember any love interest in the books. Indeed there was a shortage of women, I'm sure Gaal Dornick and Salvor Hardin were both men in the books.

There's some blurb abiout it on the BBC website, here: https://www.bbc.com/culture/article/2021...ur-screens
Thanks Martin, looking forward to viewing it on one of the other stations, which hopefully comes a bit quicker than the making of the series, otherwiseRolleyes
[-] The following 2 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, MartinH

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(24-10-2021, 05:54 PM)Vinny Wrote: I have watched four episodes of Squid Game and have come to the conclusion its utter rubbish and won't be watching it any more Its just not my cup of tea! Rolleyes
I watched less than 5 minutes before I put my headphones in Smile

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I have just finished "show trial" crime drama - didn't take me long to watch 5 episodes. Really enjoyed it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scarlet's post:
  • Broadway

Broadway Online
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12759778/?r..._sr_srsg_7

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11471892/?r..._sr_srsg_0

Crime - Typical Irvine Welsh bleak stuff.

Landscapers - Watched 2 out of 4 episodes, bizarre, the filming reminds me very much of the Fargo TV series.
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • Scarlet

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
I am watching The Bridge, a tather risque subtitled Swedish/Norwegian crime series. Enjoying the quirkiness of it but can't look away too long with subtitles or you lose the gist. Nearly finished second series and Daughter is watching it as well. She is on first series so I have to shut up when discussing it with her in case I give the game away. Rolleyes
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 4 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Scarlet