Ideas for series to watch on telly?
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Life's too short to watch foreign films.Tongue
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Scarlet, Small chilli, Spec

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Mostly YouTube how to build houses & furniture. Reviews on tools & how to use them. Also a bit of craft how to’s (mostly crochet).
Latest viewing has been how to build bedside units and pocket hole jigs.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 6 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Mikey, Scarlet, Spec, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
There was a TV programme years ago ?The Homemade Home and It set me thinking about whether everything I had and wore could be handmade...........so I went to a taster "learn to Knit" event and the instructor said you can knit anything you want - so I said I wanted to knit a beach hut, because in the TV series IIRC she'd knitted a row of beach huts for a doorstop!!! I knitted 2 walls and a door before the session ended (same day!) but I never found the time to knit the rest!!
One girl said she wanted to knit a cigarette for her boyfriend, to encourage him to stop smoking!! She did, complete with tip, ash on the end and smoke curling out. Only problem was, it was the diameter of a hosepipe! She thought her boyfriend would keep it in his pocket and whip it out whenever he felt the urge to smoke. If he'd whipped this thing out in public, he could have been arrested!!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Farendwoman, JJB, Scarlet, Small chilli

Spec Offline
(28-12-2020, 04:02 PM)Scarlet Wrote: I don't particularly like TV - the other half has slowly become a TV addict. He works non stop, but doesn't read so winter evenings trying to get off a computer is difficult for him....so he binge watches series.

62 episodes, a new language and humour,great to help de-stress you might find it on BBC i player or as Veggie said YouTube
[-] The following 4 users Like Spec's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
Just had a quick look on IMDB, looks like a Scottish version of Compo and Cleggy in last of the summer wine.  Big Grin  Tongue  Tongue
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Can the Man's post:
  • Spec

Moth Offline
Chissit No-digger
(28-12-2020, 05:47 PM)Veggie Wrote: I don't have the patience to sit and watch TV for long. Like Scarlet I have to do something else at the same time - usually shuffling seeds or reading or doing a crossword or sudoku.

I ran my printer out of ink, having printed off so many guardian cryptic crosswords - guardian because they're free, and printed so I'm not tempted to check the answers. I do sudoku online though Smile

I use the back of all the A4 paper that comes in the post Wink
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished  – Lao Tzu
[-] The following 3 users Like Moth's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Spec

Spec Offline
(28-12-2020, 08:32 PM)Can the Man Wrote: Just had a quick look on IMDB, looks like a Scottish version of Compo and Cleggy in last of the summer wine.  Big Grin  Tongue  Tongue

You might be right Can but it's so much betterBig GrinBig Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spec's post:
  • Can the Man

Spec Offline
One other thing that I have been watching a lot is the birds, the back grass is full of them, finches, sparrows, wagtails, tits and starlings along with a number of crows and pigeons, which if the stay about here much longer will be fine for the pot:
[-] The following 2 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, Farendwoman

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
(29-12-2020, 03:29 PM)Spec Wrote: One other thing .... along with a number of crows and pigeons, which if the stay about here much longer will be fine for the pot:

Would you eat the crows or just the pigeons? Is it legal to kill them in Scotland?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mark_Riga's post:
  • Can the Man

Spec Offline
It is illegal to kill both crows and pigeons, normally crows are never considered for eating but pigeon pie is fine and as I said they would be fine for the pot if they stay about here much longer, due to the amount of feeding they have consumedBig Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, Mark_Riga