Ideas for series to watch on telly?
Spec Offline
(10-03-2021, 04:01 PM)Eyren Wrote:
(09-03-2021, 06:36 PM)Spec Wrote: Have been watching stargate, find it enjoyable to watch and has a few funny bit in it

I have a lot of the Stargate DVDs: SG-1 seasons 1-8 (I think), and a complete set of Atlantis that I bought cheap from a work colleague. They're undemanding viewing and definitely funny at times - the 100th episode of SG-1, "Wormhole Extreme!" is a hilarious but affectionate parody of the show Big Grin

Eyren, have you came across Stargate Universe on any TV stations, Robert Carlyle stars in that as well
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spec's post:
  • Can the Man

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
(10-03-2021, 07:45 PM)Spec Wrote: Eyren, have you came across Stargate Universe on any TV stations, Robert Carlyle stars in that as well

I've seen bits of it but never really got into it - not sure why. I should try and track it down when I run out of other shows to watch. Thanks for the reminder!
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eyren's post:
  • Can the Man

mcdood Offline
Not sure if we put films in here too but watched the trial of the Chicago 7 tonight and really enjoyed it.
[-] The following 2 users Like mcdood's post:
  • Can the Man, Scarlet

Broadway Offline
(28-12-2020, 04:02 PM)Scarlet Wrote: I don't particularly like TV - the other half has slowly become a TV addict. He works non stop, but doesn't read so winter evenings trying to get off a computer is difficult for him....so he binge watches series.

I'm usually doing something at the same time - but I did enjoy The Queens Gambit.
My husband and boys have always played chess -it's made them get the board out again rather than  playing on a computer. It's been a breath of fresh air.
3 episodes into this, really enjoying itSmile

Planning to finish it before my sons go back to London Monday afternoon.

It's topical given the number of family chess tournaments during lockdown.
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, Scarlet, Spec

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
There is a 4 part mini series called The Drowning- have seen 3 episodes can’t wait for the final one on Monday FANTASTIC
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 3 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Broadway, Scarlet, Spec

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(04-04-2021, 07:36 AM)Broadway Wrote:
(28-12-2020, 04:02 PM)Scarlet Wrote: I don't particularly like TV - the other half has slowly become a TV addict. He works non stop, but doesn't read so winter evenings trying to get off a computer is difficult for him....so he binge watches series.

I'm usually doing something at the same time - but I did enjoy The Queens Gambit.
My husband and boys have always played chess -it's made them get the board out again rather than  playing on a computer. It's been a breath of fresh air.
3 episodes into this, really enjoying itSmile

Planning to finish it before my sons go back to London Monday afternoon.

It's topical given the number of family chess tournaments during lockdown.
The games are "real" ones!
[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Spec

Broadway Offline
Watched "Kiss the ground" today, not a tv series it's a movie/documentary, I enjoyed it.....

www.kissthegroundmovie.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man

Broadway Offline
We finished season 4 of Unforgotten today, love that programSmile

We waited until it had finished airing then crammed it over the weekend. We will attempt to do the same with the latest Line of Duty.
[-] The following 3 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Scarlet

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Watched The Intruder on channel 5, quite enjoyed it.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man

Spec Offline
OH watched it, I watched the first episode but didn't like it, after stabbing someone with a stake knife he walked past a table full of them and went to a hut for a stanley knife, and yes I know artistic licence, butRolleyes
[-] The following 2 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB