Summerlast
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 6 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Scarlet, toomanytommytoes, Veggie, Vinny

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Love your list TT!

I'm adding pink Berkeley TD Big Grin

I still have all of last years Tom's in the freezer - only me here that eats them now that the boys are in Uni. Tried to get them to take some but they don't have the freezer space.

Shame I can't grow cake ingredients- I seem to post a lot of those off!
[-] The following 5 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, toomanytommytoes, Veggie, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(03-01-2021, 11:37 PM)toomanytommytoes Wrote: Greenhouse:

Rose de Berne
Malakhitovaya Shkatulka (Malachite Box)
Orange Jazz
Daniel Burson
Big Cheef
Mat-Su Express
Northern Lights
Pink Berkeley Tie-Dye/Cosmonaut Volkov

Outdoors in pots:

Maskotka
Koralik
Cherry Falls
Sweet Aperitif
Matt's Hornet
Ambrosia Orange

Outdoors in the ground:

EM-Champion
Clear Pink Early
Grushovka
Sibirsky Skorospelyi

TMTT you're going to be in great demand in next year's seed swap if you save any of those.  I can't even pronounce half of them.   Impressive list
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 5 users Like JJB's post:
  • Farendwoman, Small chilli, toomanytommytoes, Veggie, Vinny

Mamzie Offline
On top of a South Wales Mountain
I am hoping to grow ...

Earlies
Gold nugget
Red robin
Minibel

Greenhouse
Indigo rose
Black opal
Idil
Sweet aperitif
Rosella
Pink grape
Black zebra

Polytunnel or Possibly outdoors
Peacevine
Yellow pear
Brown pear
Riesentraube
Jaune Flamme
Snowberry

Toying with
Darby striped (HSL)
Cherokee purple
Nectar Rose (HSL)

Need to grow Cyril's choice for seed saving

Plants to give away locally with surplus food share
Gardeners delight
Black cherry
Idil
Spares of others Smile
Gardeners Spring Recipe - 1 part soil, 2 parts water, 3 parts wishful thinking ...  
[-] The following 5 users Like Mamzie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, toomanytommytoes, Veggie, Vinny

Broadway Offline
(03-01-2021, 11:37 PM)toomanytommytoes Wrote: Greenhouse:

Rose de Berne
Malakhitovaya Shkatulka (Malachite Box)
Orange Jazz
Daniel Burson
Big Cheef
Mat-Su Express
Northern Lights
Pink Berkeley Tie-Dye/Cosmonaut Volkov

Outdoors in pots:

Maskotka
Koralik
Cherry Falls
Sweet Aperitif
Matt's Hornet
Ambrosia Orange

Outdoors in the ground:

EM-Champion
Clear Pink Early
Grushovka
Sibirsky Skorospelyi
Hello TMTT

Have you grown the outdoor ones before? Just curious as I don't really have the space for indoor varieties so would like to try some tried & tested ones outside at the plot?

Recommendations from all welcomeSmile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Mamzie, Vinny

toomanytommytoes Offline
(04-01-2021, 12:34 PM)JJB Wrote: TMTT you're going to be in great demand in next year's seed swap if you save any of those.  I can't even pronounce half of them.   Impressive list
Hopefully the seed saving goes better than last year then Big Grin I'd love to distribute these varieties, some of them are quite hard to find.
[-] The following 5 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • JJB, Mamzie, Scarlet, Veggie, Vinny

toomanytommytoes Offline
(04-01-2021, 03:29 PM)Broadway Wrote: Hello TMTT

Have you grown the outdoor ones before? Just curious as I don't really have the space for indoor varieties so would like to try some tried & tested ones outside at the plot?

I've grown a few of them outdoors before. Maskotka did really well last year: it's a compact, trailing variety and you get a really high yield for such a small plant. Cherry Falls and Koralik are similar in growth habit but this will be my first time growing them. My preference for growing outdoors is early determinate varieties. Clear Pink Early and Sibirsky Skorospelyi did pretty well but got blight because I planted them too close together. EM-Champion, new to me, is a variety with larger fruit and is highly recommended by growers with short seasons, I had to order the seed from Russia. Others I've had good success with before are Latah and Urbikany.

For medium fruit vine tomatoes I would recommend Stupice or Matina. Many cherries do quite well outdoors since they are earlier to ripen than most larger fruiting varieties. The main reason I don't grow many vines outdoors is because they get absolutely battered by summer storms here. Still, I am stubborn and this year will have to find a way to support the 3 vining varieties better Cool There are also some blight resistant hybrids like Crimson Crush and Mountain Magic but I've not tried any of them.
[-] The following 5 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • JJB, Mamzie, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Broadway Offline
(04-01-2021, 06:08 PM)toomanytommytoes Wrote:
(04-01-2021, 03:29 PM)Broadway Wrote: Hello TMTT

I've grown a few of them outdoors before. Maskotka did really well last year: it's a compact, trailing variety and you get a really high yield for such a small plant. Cherry Falls and Koralik are similar in growth habit but this will be my first time growing them. My preference for growing outdoors is early determinate varieties. Clear Pink Early and Sibirsky Skorospelyi did pretty well but got blight because I planted them too close together. EM-Champion, new to me, is a variety with larger fruit and is highly recommended by growers with short seasons, I had to order the seed from Russia. Others I've had good success with before are Latah and Urbikany.

For medium fruit vine tomatoes I would recommend Stupice or Matina. Many cherries do quite well outdoors since they are earlier to ripen than most larger fruiting varieties. The main reason I don't grow many vines outdoors is because they get absolutely battered by summer storms here. Still, I am stubborn and this year will have to find a way to support the 3 vining varieties better Cool There are also some blight resistant hybrids like Crimson Crush and Mountain Magic but I've not tried any of them.
Thanks TMTT

I think I will review my half used packets with a view to "bunging them in" and see what happensSmileSmile

Will also review your recommendations for next yearSmile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • JJB, Vinny

Mamzie Offline
On top of a South Wales Mountain
If you have patience Broadway, I have bush Current ones that went wild here last summer, huge wide plants, but really teeny 'current' fruits.. I ended up getting fed up of picking from them as took so long for miniscule tomatoes, so not on my grow list this year, but still have seed if you wanted to try.

They didn't suffer any blight either x
Gardeners Spring Recipe - 1 part soil, 2 parts water, 3 parts wishful thinking ...  
[-] The following 3 users Like Mamzie's post:
  • JJB, Veggie, Vinny