2021 - 52 weeks of doing something different
JJB Online
Moonraker
They look scrummy, I have some bought puff left over from Christmas, sounds like a good idea. Except P &I are trying unsuccessfully to cut down on sweet stuff after indulging over the holidays. Sad but still might go for it.
You have the same fruit bowl ( or very similar) to mine. You have extraordinarily good taste PP. Smile
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • PyreneesPlot, Veggie

JJB Online
Moonraker
Week 2

On Bren's recommendation I bought and made a batch of pinhead oatmeal. Very nice it was too.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Bren, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Week 2
Found out you could sprout broad/fava beans so set some to sprout, alongside some peas.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • PyreneesPlot, Small chilli

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
(10-01-2021, 11:25 AM)JJB Wrote: You have the same fruit bowl ( or very similar) to mine.  You have extraordinarily good taste PP. Smile

Too kind Smile I bought the bowl in Menorca years ago, and have a more classic shaped one too. This house is entirely painted white so it is nice to have a few splashes of colour.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 2 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
(10-01-2021, 12:37 PM)Veggie Wrote: Week 2
Found out you could sprout broad/fava beans so set some to sprout, alongside some peas.

I've never sprouted anything (except to grow, obviously Big Grin) so that's one to go on the list of challenges!
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 2 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
(10-01-2021, 12:45 PM)PyreneesPlot Wrote:
(10-01-2021, 12:37 PM)Veggie Wrote: Week 2

I've never sprouted anything (except to grow, obviously Big Grin) so that's one to go on the list of challenges!
PP More info at https://gardenandgossip.org/showthread.php?tid=770
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • PyreneesPlot

Spec Offline
(07-01-2021, 09:44 PM)Mark_Riga Wrote: I wont be able to do something new every week but I will try companion planting this year. Last year I grew some aubergines. They were attacked first by aphids and when they died off, they were got by red spider mite. Can anyone suggest any companion plant(s) that might help in this situation? I think the mites started on a cucumber plant and then spread to the aubergines via some sweet peppers.

Mark I grew French marigolds with my tomatoes last year and had no bother whatsoever, it was a mix of varieties both single and doubles if you know of any with a strong marigold smell use them, if you feel that you need to spray I had good results by steeping garlic cloves in water, important you keep it covered as its quite a stink, I then strained the solution and added this to a sprayer which I topped up with water then added a squirt of bio washing up liqide, this helps the solution stay on the leaf a bit longer
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spec's post:
  • Mark_Riga

Spec Offline
(10-01-2021, 12:42 PM)PyreneesPlot Wrote:
(10-01-2021, 11:25 AM)JJB Wrote: You have the same fruit bowl ( or very similar) to mine.  You have extraordinarily good taste PP. Smile

Too kind Smile I bought the bowl in Menorca years ago, and have a more classic shaped one too. This house is entirely painted white so it is nice to have a few splashes of colour.

Great the information you get on a garden forumRolleyesBig Grin
Just editing I should have realised, women so it's the Gossip bit:dBig Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Spec's post:
  • JJB, PyreneesPlot

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
This morning I’ve designed the chilli powder distribution centre for the new house . As it’s better known to the rest of the world. The spare bedroom built in wardrobe  Big Grin .

Good luck making head or tail of that  Wink
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Spec, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
(10-01-2021, 03:51 PM)Small chilli Wrote: This morning I’ve designed the chilli powder distribution centre for the now house . As it’s better known to the rest of the world. The spare bedroom built in wardrobe  Big Grin .

Good luck making head or tail of that  Wink
I like the "Make ?? high - I can reach into it without steps" and it looks like Bob's place is in the bottom left part of the cupboard.  Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli