2021 - 52 weeks of doing something different
PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
(05-01-2021, 09:05 PM)Can the Man Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 05:03 PM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: Week 1

Finally posted a picture to Instagram. Having set it up a few years ago and then discovered it isn't for luddites like me with ancient phones I abandoned it! I have a slightly more up to date phone now (MrPP's cast off!!) and a tablet that takes reasonable photos so we will see. Trouble is I like using - wait for it - a CAMERA  Big Grin Cool

Of course I can't show you the photo because while it is on Insta and my tablet, and although Insta is sitting right there on the tab next to this one, I have no idea how to get it from one place to the next. Oh dear, perhaps that should be next week's challenge.
PP what is your username on Instagram, I am CaniceH, it’s a private account but if you request to follow me I will permit you and follow you back.
PyreneesPlot!  How original ?  Request made Smile
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 1 user Likes PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Can the Man

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
(05-01-2021, 11:10 PM)PyreneesPlot Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 09:05 PM)Can the Man Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 05:03 PM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: Week 1

Finally posted a picture to Instagram. Having set it up a few years ago and then discovered it isn't for luddites like me with ancient phones I abandoned it! I have a slightly more up to date phone now (MrPP's cast off!!) and a tablet that takes reasonable photos so we will see. Trouble is I like using - wait for it - a CAMERA  Big Grin Cool

Of course I can't show you the photo because while it is on Insta and my tablet, and although Insta is sitting right there on the tab next to this one, I have no idea how to get it from one place to the next. Oh dear, perhaps that should be next week's challenge.
PP what is your username on Instagram, I am CaniceH, it’s a private account but if you request to follow me I will permit you and follow you back.
PyreneesPlot!  How original ?  Request made Smile
Accepted and followed you back
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Can the Man's post:
  • PyreneesPlot

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
was his the photo you wanted to share PP ?    
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 3 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • PyreneesPlot, Small chilli, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
(05-01-2021, 11:22 PM)Can the Man Wrote: was his the photo you wanted to share PP ?

That's the one thanks. A very grey plot in the Pyrenees!

[-] The following 2 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Spec Offline
All the above from #15 to #23 is completely lost on me and reading them I thought I might consider understanding what it's all about, but on further consideration I would rather watch the grass growing than try itBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Spec's post:
  • Mark_Riga, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
There's a name for people like you.^^^^
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
(06-01-2021, 01:25 AM)Spec Wrote: All the above from #15 to #23 is completely lost on me and reading them I thought I might consider understanding what it's all about, but on further consideration I would rather watch the grass growing than try itBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

There you go then - you have a ready made challenge for one week. Wink Just don't ask me what it means!! Confused

[-] The following 4 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Spec, Veggie

Spec Offline
(06-01-2021, 10:56 AM)Veggie Wrote: There's a name for people like you.^^^^

Yes you are right as usualRolleyes they are called veggies Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
I wont be able to do something new every week but I will try companion planting this year. Last year I grew some aubergines. They were attacked first by aphids and when they died off, they were got by red spider mite. Can anyone suggest any companion plant(s) that might help in this situation? I think the mites started on a cucumber plant and then spread to the aubergines via some sweet peppers.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Can the Man, Spec, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Week 2

Thanks to the reminder from Can about the existence of Eccles cakes, this weekend I made some for the first time. Slight cheat as I already had some rough puff pastry in the freezer (I make a big batch every now and then) and I used mincemeat as the base, but they turned out ok, if a little small (according to MrPP)!!

[-] The following 5 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Moth, Small chilli, Veggie