2021 - 52 weeks of doing something different
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
No need to be embarrassed about not understanding PP - that's something to be proud of.
The only French I understand is "Toto frappe la table" from my school French lessons (Failed). Toto was a curly headed little boy in the text book (whom I disliked intensely) and we had to take it turns to pretend to be Toto and read out what Toto was doing. I've no idea why he was frappe-ing la table but it seemed very ill-mannered to me. Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • PyreneesPlot, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
This weeks new thing. Another recipe rhubarb & vanilla cake.
I’ll put the recipe up later if it’s any good, when I try it.

Edit. It’s good cake. 

https://rekhagardenkitchen.com/rhubarb-a...Awh_CQFC_o

Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Week 11 - experimented diluting washing up liquid to make it last longer. Ratio of 2 Washing up liquid : 1 water.
Still using this up - works fine. Thinner but just as effective.
Next lot will be half and half.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
This week I sowed the seeds from a dried Cayenne pepper from last year, mostly because neither the old or replacement new seeds germinated.
Goodness only knows what will grow, but given they germinated in three days I fear some kind of chilli triffid hybrid!

For clarity, I've never actively saved chilli seeds before!
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 4 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • JJB, Moth, Small chilli, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
This week I went up on the roof for the first, and quite possibly last time! 
MrPP was working up there and I wanted to see the garden from on high. Although only a single story house, I hate heights; a friend died of complications when he fell off his roof and MrPP hurt himself sliding the length of a ladder as it pulled away from the gable end of our last house.
Lovely views, though!

• Broadway, JJB, Moth, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Walked round Lip na cloiche garden. Not done that before.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Made a genoise sponge for the first time this week - a new technique having only used the all-in-one and creaming methods before.
It produced a very, very light sponge (choco) but with so little substance to it MrPP declared it required vast amounts of buttercream/booze/jam to be worth the effort!
It will be a nice one for trifles etc, and at least there's no risk of the batter splitting.

• JJB, Moth, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I'm way behind so I'll make a few things upWink
Week 12 - became a NOMAD and picked my lunch every day from the garden - cultivated and wild plants.

Week 13 -Made a Mint Omelette for the first time ever................and it won't be the last.Smile
I'd picked some Apple Mint stems to turn into cuttings and had a heap of leaves left over - to make tea or mint sauce??
I also had an egg staring at me, so I beat it up (it won't stare at me again!), chopped a mint leaf up very finely, stirred it in the egg and microwaved it for about 50 seconds. Fast food for a NOMAD. Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Moth, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
This week I built a folding table for tea & coffee production on the build site in the genny shed.

[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Mark_Riga, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Last week (yesterday) I put a lump of root ginger with eyes in to soak in the hope it will shoot. I've tried just planting before without success but found a video on the internet of a guy who put his ginger root in a dish of water until it sprouted, so we will see.

This week I am getting to grips with a new phone. I have only ever bought three mobile phones in my life - a classic brick in the early 2000s, a small cheap smart phone that actually didn't have the capacity to be very smart at all, and now a 2019 motorola from a certain big online retailer's damaged section. I was seduced by the macro camera, rather than the telephone capabilities as I hate using telephones and speak to nobody (apart from my Mum) unless I have to!! You cannot believe how the arrival of email impoved the quality of my working life!

[-] The following 3 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie